Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 16-04-2008, 12:08

Send a message via MSN to susan Send a message via Skype™ to susan
Default confused

: why is it so hard to buy a caravan the sales people are unbalivable the s....t they come out with have rang a few places to day and they have just done my head in i am now thinking what is the point of buying a caravan
they all asked me what i am looking for so i tell them
they then tell me what they have and try to get me to buy a bigger price one i did explaine to one lady sales person that i am after nothing fancy
not botherd about age as long as the site has no age restrictions
and a 2 bedroom caravan oh and most be on finance
and clean and tidy she then went one about i shouldnt really get a older caravan couse more things to go wrong with them and i will be forever paying out for it she then said we have some younger ones in i said ok she ran through the list and the prices omg i then put the phone down on her

Old 20-04-2008, 16:20

hi susan

i would take no notice of the caravan sellers, we were well ripped of this year and if we knew what we know now we would never have bought an expensive caravan, we bought it for 39.000 and got 12.000 back for it, tried to sell it privately but came accross a lot of problems so eventually sold it back to the site, after only having it for 26 months, we decided to cut our losses as the site fees were going up 350 a year, my husbands job relocated so meant we would'nt be using it, and also did not allow to rent it out, dont let it put you of cos there is a lot of sites that are ok, dont go for the big names ones as they tend to be on the expensive side, and just dont care , the smaller sites seem to be better and they dont pressure you into b uying a dearer one. if this site is pressuring you get a dearer one then get them to give it to you in writing the depreciation that you will loose in the caravan, i bet they wont, bye the way ours was sold to someone and they paid them 28.000 cos it was like brand new i kept it in mint condition so just be carefull also go around a site and ask people there about things and good luck
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55

Go to a privately owned site and speak to the owner, if they are a good site they should be able to supply exactly what you require. We recently upgraded to a 5yr old, 6 berth, transport to site, a new side and front deck built and this years site fees for 12k all in.