Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > The Exchange > Available

Available Post your caravan available for exchange.

Old 13-12-2010, 17:59

Default Temporary Swap for Holiday

Has anyone ever considered temporarily swapping vans for a free holiday and a change of site, giving the opportunity to see other areas?

Old 13-12-2010, 21:20

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
Has anyone ever considered temporarily swapping vans for a free holiday and a change of site, giving the opportunity to see other areas?
Not many do by the look of it Johnny mac.I think this is one of the least used sections of the forum.Perhaps it could be re-labled something else and put to better use.
Old 13-12-2010, 21:28

Sorry but I for one don't really like the idea because one of the things I love about having our own van is that we have all our own stuff I wouldn't feel the same about it if other people were to use it, if that was the case I may just as well rent someone elses, but I'm sure it would work well for some people and not a bad idea.
Old 13-12-2010, 22:00
Supporting Member

i am a complete control freak and if someone came in my van, i would be worrying the whole time!! i would know if they had moved anything and i would be worried if they had left the shower on, gas on, water on, had trouble lighting the boiler etc- need i say more...

my caravan is like my home and i leave things exactly where i would expect to find them...

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 14-12-2010, 00:27
Banned

Send a message via MSN to springhay
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
i am a complete control freak and if someone came in my van, i would be worrying the whole time!! i would know if they had moved anything and i would be worried if they had left the shower on, gas on, water on, had trouble lighting the boiler etc- need i say more...

my caravan is like my home and i leave things exactly where i would expect to find them...
I used to live like that as well! And in the office, if anyone moved as much as my hole punch it would send me into a tailspin!! Alas it is no more with two mini me's wreaking havoc - but would I swap them? Probably!!!!
Old 14-12-2010, 09:44

I had a lovely swop earlier this year, they very kindly let me use their van while they were out of the country and they are coming to my van next year so they only "banked" there week, I thought this was very trusting and very kind considering they don't know me but that is what this relies on trust.

THanks Jo
Old 14-12-2010, 12:58

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

I think all subletting comes down to trust in the end.I mean a 50 deposit for damage etc will soon be swallowed up if they damage or worse steal the flatscreen.Swopping vans is a good idea for those i imagine who rent out anyway,and while in reality i would like to try it, i dont sublet because i just dont want strangers in the van,so exchanging is never going to be an option.
Old 14-12-2010, 17:11

Think the main point here, would be about trust, but swapping with someone who also owns a van would appreciate and respect it as they would there own.
Old 16-12-2010, 08:15

I think by looking at someone elses van you can see if its looked after so odds are someone with a clean well kept van is not going to abuse yours.

We would rather not let ours, really hated the thought of people being in it but the fees are a lot of money to find and to be honest it really isnt that bad. We list ours with a maximum of 4 people so the lounge seating doesnt get pulled about and theres never loads of people in it every booking we got was a couple who left it immacualate so swapping using the same criteria wouldnt be too much of an issue.
Old 30-12-2010, 15:17

we started to let ours out now we not living in it, but at the moment its just friends or friends of friends and up to now everything been ok