Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan For Sale

Static Caravan For Sale Advertise your static caravan for sale

Old 15-03-2012, 22:34

Default Any reasonable offer considered for my atlas diamond super 2006.

Hi there

I'm still about trying to figure the best option to me and to be honest I'm getting a bit bogged down with it and am trying to find the best option open to me and if I could sell it for a reasonable price then I would go for it so here,s some details.

Atlas Diamond Super
2 beds
ensuite/mini bath
mint condition
38x12
currently sited at Church Farm 5 star park on nature reserve
very clean and safe park, 8 min walk to beach
indoor/outdoor pool
mini golf
9 hole golf course
go karts
swimming lessons
cabaret
spa
bowls
archery
kids clubs
restaurants
etc. etc

If anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks

Pips

Old 16-03-2012, 01:48
Retired Member

That's a lovely van you have Pips - our friends have got one.

It may help peeps to know what your site fees and rates are? Have you paid your current year's fees and, if so, are they transferrable to the new owner?

Will the site allow a new owner to leave the van on the park and on its current pitch. What is the commission payable to the park by the new owner, etc.

Is there an age limit on your park?

It is quite a popular van - if I were you I would advertise it on one of the many internet sales websites. You could also put some photos on here too.

Have you asked a few dealers what they will give you for it? They will obviously take it off park so no commission will be payable to the Park Owner, but obviously you will have to pay a disconnection fee.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 16-03-2012, 07:41

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
That's a lovely van you have Pips - our friends have got one.

It may help peeps to know what your site fees and rates are? Have you paid your current year's fees and, if so, are they transferrable to the new owner?

Will the site allow a new owner to leave the van on the park and on its current pitch. What is the commission payable to the park by the new owner, etc.

Is there an age limit on your park?

It is quite a popular van - if I were you I would advertise it on one of the many internet sales websites. You could also put some photos on here too.

Have you asked a few dealers what they will give you for it? They will obviously take it off park so no commission will be payable to the Park Owner, but obviously you will have to pay a disconnection fee.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Thanks I really feel duped with it all. I paid 33+k for the van in June 2010. The site fees are 4750 plus all the extras I owe 13+k for the van and have been offered approx 7000 for the van back from the site. If I move it it will cost me approx 4-5k to be sited elsewhere. Its like if I let them have it and paid off my loan the nightmare would be over. If I keep it there and try to sell privately I'm not sure many people will want to pay that much for site fees.
I,m also supposed to be moving, so the van would be further away to manage myself and if I let them have it all the time they cant guarantee my fees will be paid!!!
I will find out more today about what you said as I am assuming too much.
I did have a post from Dave who has a van in France and says that the site is nice and the fees seem reasonable I could rent or sell it for a reasonable amount by the sounds of it.
The only problem is once bitten and all that its making me apprehensive although it sounds quite good.
I havent paid the site fees yet I have 2 weeks grace for that. If I move it now I have to pay 20% of the fees plus disconnection totally approx 1300 plus vat and if its still there at the end of March a further 10% so I need to make a decision fast!!
I really cant quite believe whats happening a real big lesson in caravanning has been learned.
Thats enough of my morning moan anyhow. Worse things happen at sea!Theres a whole day ahead and I think the sun is going to shine.
Thanks
Pips
Old 16-03-2012, 07:54
Supporting Member

aww pips....
i feel for you.... they can be a millstone around our necks if we arnt careful.. and you shouldnt be losing sleep over it..
do what is best for you.
as a matter of interest.... was owning a static not what you thought at all?

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 16-03-2012, 08:35

i hope things work out for you whatever you decide. have you considered selling to a caravan 'seller' as opposed to the site? doubt youre going to get much more for it though, vans are always worth more when sited.

it might be worth making an enquiry as to how much the site charges for 'disconnection' in case you get a buyer who wants to take it off site?

dave

ps, as its 38 x 12 it exceeds the 40 sq m rule for site we discusssed !!! you need to ensure that if you do get chance to take it another site, make sure it doesnt exceed their license terms.

Last edited by daveb; 16-03-2012 at 08:38.
Old 16-03-2012, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
aww pips....
i feel for you.... they can be a millstone around our necks if we arnt careful.. and you shouldnt be losing sleep over it..
do what is best for you.
as a matter of interest.... was owning a static not what you thought at all?
Hi Tia

I'm sure it can be great and believe it still could, I would still consider keeping it perhaps on a different site thats closer and allows me to rent it therefore helping costs. When I bought it my circumstances were strong and had been for some time but things have changed and I need to be more careful hence why I'm in this situation.
Nevermind I'll keep trying.
Thanks anyway
Old 16-03-2012, 09:13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
i hope things work out for you whatever you decide. have you considered selling to a caravan 'seller' as opposed to the site? doubt youre going to get much more for it though, vans are always worth more when sited.

it might be worth making an enquiry as to how much the site charges for 'disconnection' in case you get a buyer who wants to take it off site?

dave

ps, as its 38 x 12 it exceeds the 40 sq m rule for site we discusssed !!! you need to ensure that if you do get chance to take it another site, make sure it doesnt exceed their license terms.
Thanks Dave at least I can rule this option out!
Old 16-03-2012, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPS View Post
Thanks I really feel duped with it all. I paid 33+k for the van in June 2010. The site fees are 4750 plus all the extras I owe 13+k for the van and have been offered approx 7000 for the van back from the site. If I move it it will cost me approx 4-5k to be sited elsewhere. Its like if I let them have it and paid off my loan the nightmare would be over. If I keep it there and try to sell privately I'm not sure many people will want to pay that much for site fees.
I,m also supposed to be moving, so the van would be further away to manage myself and if I let them have it all the time they cant guarantee my fees will be paid!!!
I will find out more today about what you said as I am assuming too much.
I did have a post from Dave who has a van in France and says that the site is nice and the fees seem reasonable I could rent or sell it for a reasonable amount by the sounds of it.
The only problem is once bitten and all that its making me apprehensive although it sounds quite good.
I havent paid the site fees yet I have 2 weeks grace for that. If I move it now I have to pay 20% of the fees plus disconnection totally approx 1300 plus vat and if its still there at the end of March a further 10% so I need to make a decision fast!!
I really cant quite believe whats happening a real big lesson in caravanning has been learned.
Thats enough of my morning moan anyhow. Worse things happen at sea!Theres a whole day ahead and I think the sun is going to shine.
Thanks
Pips
PPS
I said worse things happen at sea. Thank God I did'nt buy a boat ha ha!
Old 16-03-2012, 12:36
Departed Friend

hope you find a good solution pips.
Old 16-03-2012, 17:09

Hope all goes well. I know a few folk that have fallen foul over the costings of owning a static. Normally they go for a new, or expensive van then things don't work out and they end out of pocket, especially when sites offer low options.

Si.

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static