Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan For Sale

Static Caravan For Sale Advertise your static caravan for sale

Old 20-03-2012, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
yes angela, being able to sleep at night instead of listening to kiera's party music all night long.
you cheeky bugger:

Old 25-03-2012, 10:29

well thats it,van cleared and sold everything off, handed keys in and picked my cheque up for decking (eventually). site already got for sale sign in van window at 18,500. hope they have better look than we did selling it. would have made it easier to leave if it was raining but the sun was blazing,folks in shorts and t/shirts and i had to drive away for the last time. at the end of the day thats part of life and we can now book holidays at the high prices for kids holidays. already been looking and can't believe the price of some places. looks like we camping on back garden this year.
Old 25-03-2012, 10:56

No Vanman< you can use my van anytime to still get your ingoldmells fix,i would have had ya decking if had the money!!

Hope thing pick up for ya soon!!
Old 25-03-2012, 11:48

thankyou rayrobs, nice to see you've got the hang of my new name already (NOVANMAN)
Old 25-03-2012, 13:02

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
well thats it,van cleared and sold everything off, handed keys in and picked my cheque up for decking (eventually). site already got for sale sign in van window at 18,500. hope they have better look than we did selling it. would have made it easier to leave if it was raining but the sun was blazing,folks in shorts and t/shirts and i had to drive away for the last time. at the end of the day thats part of life and we can now book holidays at the high prices for kids holidays. already been looking and can't believe the price of some places. looks like we camping on back garden this year.
It's good that you're staying positive novanman. You will miss it for sure but you won't miss the worry and the shelling out that seems to be the norm with statics. Who knows,a few years down the line you could get another.
Old 25-03-2012, 13:30

got to stay positive no matter how hard it gets being vanless. on the upside after sitting down and doing some figures we will actually be 6,000 a year better off just with finance and rent add on to that 30 fuel for every trip which was most w/ends plus the money we spent on food/entertainment etc, we are looking at nearer the 10,000 a year mark. it's frightening when you start adding things up that you took as the norm as your way of life. with that kind of saving i can have a new car every 2 years but don't tell the wife !! . thankyou to everyone for your kind words/comments and i will stick around and throw my bit in where ever i can.
Old 26-03-2012, 12:48
Retired Member

Quote:
got to stay positive no matter how hard it gets being vanless. on the upside after sitting down and doing some figures we will actually be 6,000 a year better off just with finance and rent add on to that 30 fuel for every trip which was most w/ends plus the money we spent on food/entertainment etc, we are looking at nearer the 10,000 a year mark. it's frightening when you start adding things up that you took as the norm as your way of life. with that kind of saving i can have a new car every 2 years but don't tell the wife !! . thankyou to everyone for your kind words/comments and i will stick around and throw my bit in where ever i can.
Good point vanman - I don't think some peeps realise how much they are taking on when they take out finance on a van and what a commitment it is. Some peeps forget that on top of the finance they have got to find the ground rent, rates, electricity, gas, insurance, maintenance costs, petrol to get their site plus whatever they spend when they are away. We are lucky to have no finance on our van but it is still a huge financial commitment.

You will feel rich from now on then vanman lol.
Old 26-03-2012, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Good point vanman - I don't think some peeps realise how much they are taking on when they take out finance on a van and what a commitment it is. Some peeps forget that on top of the finance they have got to find the ground rent, rates, electricity, gas, insurance, maintenance costs, petrol to get their site plus whatever they spend when they are away. We are lucky to have no finance on our van but it is still a huge financial commitment.

You will feel rich from now on then vanman lol.
Good point Mupps it is also the ongoing upgrade finance if you have to go along that road for decking ,DG ,or replacement of doors etc.