Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan For Sale

Static Caravan For Sale Advertise your static caravan for sale

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2013, 16:47

Default Caravan for sale, Brynowen Borth for price of two weeks holiday

We have a caravan for sale at Park Resorts site, Brynowen in Borth near Aberystwyth This is a great opportunity to purchase a caravan at low cost and try out the site to check it is for you before making a more expensive purchase. There is no age limit on the site so the caravan could stay there for as long as you want.

We love this caravan and bought her 3 years ago. The layout is great.

It is a 1995 ABI Montrose 35 x 12 3 bedroom caravan. The third bedroom is a single room which means that there is a lot of space in the main bedroom. I wish more three bedroom models were like this. It had new carpets with super thick underlay, new curtains, new blinds to kitchen, toilet and bathroom and new wooden blinds fitted to the lounge window 3 years ago. The prior owners had removed the lounge seating and we purchased two new settees and a foot stool which fit nicely into the lounge area. The bathroom is separate to the toilet. The dining area is set back from the lounge and the kitchen is very well fitted (best one we have had in a caravan).

It is on a good sized plot, set back from the road with a patio area and a grassy area to the side. It is usually possible to park on the little road next to the caravan.

The site is now open for 12 months of the year. There are lots of owners parties. It has a warm swimming pool, club with entertainment and children's activities in the day and evening, play area, football court, two arcades and a bar/café. It is a few minutes walk to the beach and lots of people go surfing and have surfing lessons on the sea front.

I would prefer the caravan to go to someone who will use it rather than a dealer. We are happy to accept £1000 ono. This is less than two weeks holiday at Brynowen in August. It looks very clean and smart inside. Haven't got any photo's as have only just decided to purchase a caravan closer to home. I think that Angela's caravan is similar.

If you have any further questions please sent me a pm.

Old 28-08-2013, 19:16

Just a piece of advice from experience. Check with the site owner that you can sell your caravan that cheap to someone. Sounds silly I know but we had a friend who did that. They sold their old caravan for £1,500 and the site owner said they had priced it too low. They checked book price & told our friends they would have to pay the 15% site transfer fee not on the price they sold the van for, but on the book price so they ended up having to pay MORE in site transer fee than they got for their caravan & were well out of pocket! The site owner said that if our friends did not pay the book price percentage, they were going to tow the van off pitch and scrap it regardless of the new owners.
Old 28-08-2013, 19:29
Supporting Member

On our site it's 15% of Glass's guide price but is paid by the buyer not the seller.

ML.
Old 28-08-2013, 19:46

Hi, that's good advice. However due to the age of our caravan I don't think the book price would be very much. Will however check. Thank you.
Old 29-08-2013, 09:24

Maggie, I have PM's you about buying your caravan xx
Old 29-08-2013, 22:08

Sounds lovely Maggie, I would especially like to see the dolphins. We were in that area (at Ynyslas Beach, near Borth) on 18th August as our Basset Hound Club branch always has a beach walk there in August. I'm Honorary Secretary of the Midlands branch and Mark and I were there to make sure everything went smoothly on the day.
So come on then Mick, lets hear your news!
Old 30-08-2013, 00:55

Is the van still for sale
Can you sublet and how much are the site fees
Per year
Old 30-08-2013, 14:29

Hi Fontaine,

Yes the caravan is still for sale. Yes you can sublet. Site fees were £3.300 (as far as I remember) plus rates etc. The site can give you up to date costs. Feel free to send me a pm if you would like further information.
Old 30-08-2013, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie and Mr B View Post
Hi Fontaine,

Yes the caravan is still for sale. Yes you can sublet. Site fees were £3.300 (as far as I remember) plus rates etc. The site can give you up to date costs. Feel free to send me a pm if you would like further information.
Maggie
Regarding selling your van on Brynowen, did you see the message from mls1979?
Old 31-08-2013, 11:41

We have had some interest in the caravan. Will update how it goes.
Closed Thread