Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 25-05-2012, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuggiegreen View Post
Mick.I understand the whole area of pensions is a nightmare and there are fewer and fewer final salary schemes I feel sorry for the younger folk who are going to need to work into there seventies.The number of folk I know of who retired at 65 and had died within 18 months is amazing so if your even older what chance will there be of a long happy retirement?
back on topic ,I think that you have your answer from what you have put above....
we bought our starter van did not think time it was a starter van ,then upgraded this year becos of wifes health(spent the last of pension lump sum)..we are not 65 but wife nearly wasn't here .Enjoy the S.K.I.

Old 25-05-2012, 19:01
Banned

treetopper. Its good that you enjoyed your first van so much that you decided to upgrade the van and one thing for sure health comes before money.If you havnt got your health no amount of money will buy it back.
Old 25-05-2012, 22:45
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuggiegreen View Post
treetopper. Its good that you enjoyed your first van so much that you decided to upgrade the van and one thing for sure health comes before money.If you havnt got your health no amount of money will buy it back.
Very true Shuggie and you can't take it with you anyway. From what I have heard, it doesn't pay to have loads of money when you are retired anyway, so spend and enjoy whilst you can.
Old 26-05-2012, 09:07
Banned

Muppetchops. you sound just like me having loads of money will never be a problem as it my age if you dont already have loads of money you are unlikely to ever have it.
Old 26-05-2012, 13:06

Shuggie..... have you made your mind up what you are going to do? i have been on the site and both the site and the van look really lovely, wow that view is fab, i dont think it will linger long, so i would suggest that you decide quickly.... it would be just awful if you lost out on it, if it is what you want.

I agree with what has already been said, if you cant afford what you really want then you really do have to compromise, as long as it suits you, then go for it, just think of the lovely times you will have with the family.

If you are going for it, I would go back to the site and negotiate hard, face to face, show them you are a serious buyer, but are determined to get a good deal.

Good luck with whatever you decide, keep us posted wont you?