Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 13-01-2014, 16:16

Default Making a offer ( Advice Required )

As most of you will know tomorrow is Day D for loan acceptance.

Now the two vans in question are

VAN NO1
Willerby Lyndhurst 2005 model 2 bedroom on the market for 16995 and the van is owned by the site.

VAN NO2
Willerby Aspen 2003 model 3 bedroom on the market for 15995 but this van is being sold by the site on behalf of the owner. ( Owner needs to sell urgently, has site fees are due )

Realistically what would be a reasonable offer on both vans, I would just like to gauge the members of GoStatics opinions.

Site owner says not much room for manoeuvre on either van.

Old 13-01-2014, 16:38

Firstly, what caravan do you prefer?
Old 13-01-2014, 16:42

Has the site one been let? has the 3 bed been heavily used by a family?
Is there anything you want like decking steps can they chuck them in?
If can't manoeuvre on price can they give cheap/free period on site fees?
Is there an age limit? sure you must have said but can't recall if so 1000 for a two year newer van would be a clincher for me.
can't really comment on the actual price as it so depends on the site. However we paid 15000 for a 2003 four years ago on a site with swimming pool club etc I know those vans are better than ours but it doesn't sound a bargain so I think there is room for negotiation

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 13-01-2014, 17:12

Thanks for the input so far, we are leaning towards the Aspen. Now I know some of you will say stay clear of 3 bedroom vans but in our case we think it will be the better option.

The site only as a club house regards facilities. Site fees are 2435 ( 1st March till 14th November ) plus rates of 350. Site fees split into two payments. January and June.
Old 13-01-2014, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
Has the site one been let? has the 3 bed been heavily used by a family?
Is there anything you want like decking steps can they chuck them in?
If can't manoeuvre on price can they give cheap/free period on site fees?
Is there an age limit? sure you must have said but can't recall if so 1000 for a two year newer van would be a clincher for me.
can't really comment on the actual price as it so depends on the site. However we paid 15000 for a 2003 four years ago on a site with swimming pool club etc I know those vans are better than ours but it doesn't sound a bargain so I think there is room for negotiation

No none of the vans are letting vans, this site does not allow subletting. There's no decking available unless new and purchase through AB Sundecks.

Regards age limit. Once the van reaches it's 15 years then it's renewed on a yearly basis providing you take good care of it you can stay on. So it pays to look after your van with regards to outside maintenance and appearance
Old 13-01-2014, 17:47

I would personally go for the lyndhurst, its two years younger and the room sizes will be a lot bigger being a 2b, also you will have two years longer before the worry of whether it can stay on site or not
Old 13-01-2014, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
I would personally go for the lyndhurst, its two years younger and the room sizes will be a lot bigger being a 2b, also you will have two years longer before the worry of whether it can stay on site or not
Hi. I'm not at all worried about the age of either van has there are other vans much older on the site in a different area that have been there many years but they've been taken good care of.
Old 13-01-2014, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by golazzo View Post
Thanks for the input so far, we are leaning towards the Aspen. Now I know some of you will say stay clear of 3 bedroom vans but in our case we think it will be the better option.

The site only as a club house regards facilities. Site fees are 2435 ( 1st March till 14th November ) plus rates of 350. Site fees split into two payments. January and June.
AB sundecks is the only decking peeps allowed on our park
The website for Pipers height states NOW OPEN 12 MONTHS

http://www.clifton-fields.co.uk/
As regards which Van and offer I would suggest that as we all have said on here its when you go into a van and say this is ours...then you know which van to make an offer on.....I would not wish to say which van as what suits one does not suit another...

Last edited by treetopper; 13-01-2014 at 18:52.
Old 13-01-2014, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by golazzo View Post
Hi. I'm not at all worried about the age of either van has there are other vans much older on the site in a different area that have been there many years but they've been taken good care of.
Going by what you have said, the site owner does have the right to remove a caravan after 15 years. I'm not saying he would, but might in the future. Also, what if he sells the site and the new owner wants vans off after 15 years?

If both vans were near on equal, I do think paulw has a point on what he posted below:

you will have two years longer before the worry of whether it can stay on site or not
Old 13-01-2014, 20:59

You mentioned 3 bed van suits your needs better so if that is the case along with a "motivated seller" you may be able to go in with a lower offer and test the water. You have to bear in mind a deck ain't going to be cheap especially with a company that has a free run on the supply.

p.s. on the other hand I feel a bit sorry for the owner that has to sell before the site fees are due.

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/