Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 29-03-2010, 20:00

Question Cosalt Carlton 370 SE+ 2003

Hi guys,

First post.

We have a Cosalt Carlton 370 SE+ 2003 and have had it for 4 years, last year we noticed a light on it that we hadn't seen before.

In the living room it has a glass open cabinet, at the top of the cabinet there is a light housing that hold two bulbs that tilt, basically to show off the glass cabinet.

I cannot figure out how to get the bulbs out to find out if is the light fitting or the bulbs that are faulty.

Any help would make my wife happy

Regards

John.

Old 29-03-2010, 21:53

hi , i think you will find the blubs are a screw in type , not baynet so no need to push and twist
Old 30-03-2010, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkwood View Post
hi , i think you will find the blubs are a screw in type , not baynet so no need to push and twist
Hi Mirkwood,

We have tried to unscrew then but when they are level with the housing unit they are actually flush so it is difficult to get a grip to unscrew. I will give another go on Thursday evening.

They tilt forward and backwards in the housing unit.

Cheers John.
Old 30-03-2010, 11:16

Try putting on a rubber glove to give you grip, I find that often works. If not, put a tea towel over the bulb and give it a tap with a hammer. Once the glass is removed you can unscrew the metal screw fitment with a pair of long nose pliers. Just make sure you turn your electric off first!
Old 30-03-2010, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
Try putting on a rubber glove to give you grip, I find that often works. If not, put a tea towel over the bulb and give it a tap with a hammer. Once the glass is removed you can unscrew the metal screw fitment with a pair of long nose pliers. Just make sure you turn your electric off first!
Cheers, will give that a try.

John.
Old 30-03-2010, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
Try a piece of ducktape it gives the grip required, or if you have one of those suction things (like kids arrows).
Old 31-03-2010, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakbank12 View Post
Try a piece of ducktape it gives the grip required, or if you have one of those suction things (like kids arrows).
Another good idea, cheers.

John.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:32

Thumbs up

Hi Guys,

Got the bulbs out.

Used rubber gloves and duck tape without any success. Spent ages working on it and couldn't figure it out, the wife and I pulling our hair out and then a neighbour came over to drop some things off and while I was explaining the problem I tilted one of the lights away from me and attempted to turn the light explaining I would have thought it would have unscrewed and guess what it did unscrew I just couldn't believe it after all the times trying it. Then I tried the other one and after a little bit of gentle persuasion it also came off. Now need to get some bulbs. We did buy some bulbs from a cheap shop and they didn't work so going to try bulbs from another shop.

Also managed to see the writing on the whole at the side of the unit and it appears to have a "+" and "-" signs, not sure what they are for!

Thanks for all your help and pointing me in the right direction.

John.