Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 03-10-2015, 20:54
Grandpadragon

Default Cosalt Vienna 2003 Running costs

One of the above has just become available on our park, although older than our van it has been extensively upgraded and the layout suits us better. It has double glazing and gas CH and the previous owners who are still on the park say they only used two bottles of gas per season. this seems low even for use mainly at weekends and not on all the time. Any comments?
Could any of our park owners give us some idea of book price or value

Thank you

Emlyn

Old 03-10-2015, 20:58
Departed Friend

i suppose it depends on how often they used the heating,if at all.is the park open after october?
Old 04-10-2015, 13:57

If they only use 2 gas bottles a year they can't be using the C/H hardly at all. We use 2 per year and we only use the C/H while we have a shower each morning or for half an hour when we turn up late evening to warm the place all through then its OFR the rest of the time. Double glazing is definately worth having the condensation on the windows of our old caravan used to drive me to distraction. As for value not got a clue but if its upgraded not factory fitted then I would imagine it should be very cheap for a 2003 - but I'm no expert so stand corrected on that if wrong.
Old 04-10-2015, 20:28
Grandpadragon

Thanks both, Arronbrook that's what we thought, but they did say that CH only on for short periods. They are not trying to sell to us as already sold to site so no reason not to be truthful. Other things they told us make us believe they are good people, so a bit puzzled. Mick, season is 1st march to 5 Jan. so could the insulation be that good?

Emlyn
Old 05-10-2015, 08:50

It very much depends on how much your site charges for their vans. Our site sold a 1997 van with centralheating and double glazing both of which were installed by prev. owners for 10,000. There is no age limit on vans on site which seams to make a difference to what is charged. We use electric when we can rather than the gas for economic reasons.
Old 05-10-2015, 18:23

What do you mean by extensively upgraded?? A static should be left well alone!!
Old 07-10-2015, 13:24
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpadragon View Post
Thanks both, Arronbrook that's what we thought, but they did say that CH only on for short periods. They are not trying to sell to us as already sold to site so no reason not to be truthful. Other things they told us make us believe they are good people, so a bit puzzled. Mick, season is 1st march to 5 Jan. so could the insulation be that good?

Emlyn
we don,t go to ours if it snows or really freezes,but we used it most weekends last winter.the c/h took a battering though.think we went through 2 gas bottles jan/march.
Old 07-10-2015, 20:42
Grandpadragon

Hi Mick, That is just the sort of information I wanted. Thanks.
Bigland, I have seen several posts supporting your comment but just as many where people have altered their vans. In fact our own van has had the fixed seating removed and replaced with freestanding sometime in the past. The Cosalt has been bought by the site and a good price paid. Maybe if we had been on a different site your warning could have save us from trouble.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:05
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpadragon View Post
Hi Mick, That is just the sort of information I wanted. Thanks.
Bigland, I have seen several posts supporting your comment but just as many where people have altered their vans. In fact our own van has had the fixed seating removed and replaced with freestanding sometime in the past. The Cosalt has been bought by the site and a good price paid. Maybe if we had been on a different site your warning could have save us from trouble.
with a 2003 van,if you keep it for a few years,you wont lose much due to alterations anyway.if you bought a new van and tried to sell it after a short time,that would be a different matter.