Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 08-09-2015, 17:04

Default Looking for a static to put on parents land

Hi all
New to this site so will try my best. I am looking for a static for up to 8000 but I would need to factor in delivery to OX27 7QT within that price.
I will be living in it all year round so I will need double glazing as a minimum requirement. Central heating would be nice too but not essential as I have heard a couple oil filled radiators are pretty good.
Also it can not have a pitched roof so I'm narrowing my options a bit already...also needs to be a 12ft wide and at least 32ft long..
Thats about all lol but if you have something that meets them needs let me know...and please send pics.
I do like the idea of a large wrap around sofa area and open plan kitchen but not essential.
If delivery could be factored into the price and arranged by the seller it would also help me decide...as a lot of companies offer that but I do realise they factor that into there prices...

Old 08-09-2015, 18:04

Have you seen this advert on the forum not a million miles from you.

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8880
Old 08-09-2015, 18:27

Hi yes, saw it but will have to have a word with my parents as for some reason my dad said as long as it didn't have a pitched roof so will find out why not and show him some pics..
Old 08-09-2015, 19:34
Supporting Member

It would be interesting to know why you would not be allowed a pitched roof.
That pretty much restricts you to an older van, albeit there are lots of nice older vans around.
Old 08-09-2015, 20:19

Have a look at Worcestershire Caravans website. They're not too far from Oxfordshire. The prices advertised are for sited vans unless otherwise stated. They will knock a couple of thousand off for unsited. Try to get delivery thrown in, they are usually open to negotiation.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:06

I guess there are none of the normal restrictions/rules that apply when siting a caravan on private land?

http://joloholidayhome.weebly.com/
Old 09-09-2015, 07:28

Hi all will have a look at the Worcestershire site. I can't have a pitched roof due to planning permission rules for where it's sited..it takes it over the max height allowed apparently...
Old 09-09-2015, 07:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_motors View Post
Hi all will have a look at the Worcestershire site. I can't have a pitched roof due to planning permission rules for where it's sited..it takes it over the max height allowed apparently...
2.5m in height for a temporary structure. With the chassis and wheels I suspect a lot of vans will exceed this.
http://www.govyou.co.uk/outbuilding-...-planning-law/

Apply for planning and you can get something larger ( if its granted of course).
Old 09-09-2015, 09:34

Yes planning has been granted but it cant exceed the height of there fence which flat/ish roof one will be fractionally under...
Old 11-09-2015, 10:56

Hi, I have the perfect van. Its a 37 x 12 1999 willerby Lyndhurst, been on a sheltered lake district park, one owner. I would need 6.5k delivered to Oxfordshire. If you give me your email I will send photos. Its got a standard roof on it. Its 2 bed dg and ch. I have been a contributor on here for ages and have a solid reputation. I would need a decision fairly quick as dealers are giving great money for stock at the minute and I have a new van due on the plot soon. Regards, Chris.