Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 06-05-2016, 21:09
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedred View Post
We took the plunge after many years of camping and bought a 1991 Atlas Applause which has been well looked after. A bit of tlc and some tips from the forum and it's looking not too bad! Now hoping for some sunshine ...

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/wi...Uploads?sort=3
1991? wow..she looks so much younger than that..you have done a cracking job with the décor..
well done. I love it
xx

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE

Old 06-05-2016, 22:23
Supporting Member

Has that got you going again Tia ?
Old 07-05-2016, 21:49
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Has that got you going again Tia ?
yes and no

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 07-05-2016, 23:10

Not modernising as such but when we go back I have all new ball catches to fit, after 12 years the others have broke or gone brittle so all the doors will close properly

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static
Old 08-05-2016, 00:00
Banned

I agree with previous posts no way does your caravan look 25 years old it looks lovely and cosy good on you
Old 09-05-2016, 18:25

Default Just bought a Tudor Goodwood 98

We finally took the plunge and bought our very first caravan on a lovely little site in Mold. It's a two bedroom 1998 Tudor Goodwood, the caravan has been so well looked after by the one previous owner. Our only problems are that the seating and the flooring in the living room/kitchen has been badly faded by the sun.

So we are looking into getting that sorted. Has anyone had their seat cushions re-upholstered? Or had new flooring put in? I have read some posts about not taking the seating out as it can cause structural problems, which is the last thing I want! It just seems that buying sofas are far cheaper than getting seating recovered!!!

I'd like to change things like the mirror in the bathroom as it's a little worn. I've changed all the handles throughout to give it a more up to date feel. Hubby is tackling the outside space giving it a good tidy up. We are still soft furnishing it which is the bit I get a kick out of.

Any advice more than welcome!!
Old 14-06-2016, 18:19

Just been looking thru some of your wonderful pics of improvements. Super impressed with some of the reupholstering and has got us thinking of getting it done. Would like to know if any of you had a go yourself. Or did you go somewhere professional? Dont fancy sending cushions away and would need someone to come to us to do the arms anyway??? My wife is pretty good on the sewing machine (and with the staple gun) but is this a job too far? Its the fixed furniture I am interested in getting done.
Old 15-06-2016, 10:50

What an inspiration this thread is!! Just bought our first caravan a 1996 atlas heritage which is in need of some TLC. Basically sound but needs some decoration etc. Any hints or tips are welcome ��
Old 16-06-2016, 01:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Just been looking thru some of your wonderful pics of improvements. Super impressed with some of the reupholstering and has got us thinking of getting it done. Would like to know if any of you had a go yourself. Or did you go somewhere professional? Dont fancy sending cushions away and would need someone to come to us to do the arms anyway??? My wife is pretty good on the sewing machine (and with the staple gun) but is this a job too far? Its the fixed furniture I am interested in getting done.
Hi jeepster. I would say why not give it a go, if you and your wife feel confident enough. I would start with the cushions and see how that goes. I would use the existing fabric as a template and take lots of photos during the "stripping" stage so you can refer back to it if you get stuck. I didn't recover mine as I don't have fixed furniture. However, I did re-cover headboards and dining chairs - it was a doddle with the staple gun. I made new curtains, blinds and pelmets, that was easy too - I even re-used the stretchy velcro from the original pelmets. Good luck, let us know how you get on
Old 16-06-2016, 01:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migailey View Post
What an inspiration this thread is!! Just bought our first caravan a 1996 atlas heritage which is in need of some TLC. Basically sound but needs some decoration etc. Any hints or tips are welcome ��
Hi Migailey. I haven't done any decorating in mine, I've just changed the soft furnishings. I have read somewhere on this thread about the paint people have used, I think it may have been bathroom/kitchen paint as this will cope with the temperature changes better - but I couldn't be sure.
I would start with the soft furnishings first, you will be amazed at what a difference that can make to the look of a van. New curtains/cushions/headboards etc make an instant difference and they are easy to change.
Good luck with your renovations, let us know how you are getting on