Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:38

Smile Sign up for Caravan Sept

Hi I am a grandparent with 4 grandchildren will be 5 by the time the year is out lol.
We constantly take the Grandchildren away on caravan Holidays and have taken the plunge and decided to purchase one from a private buyer which we sign up for in Sept. The caravan is a 2005 Willerby Westmoorland. We left the children to choose the site lol no we also like it it seems to have a lot going on for all ages and we have stayed on this park on numerous occasions.
Being first time buyers I would love to hear from you all with any tips etc anything big or small you think we may need to know. We are complete novices but would really like this to work out an enjoyable experience. We will be hiring the caravan out to cover the ground rent etc and was going to offer the service of travel cot, pushchair, highchair etc(no extra expense) all that we already have from the grandchildren. The person we are buying this from has warned against this because he says if the cot collapsed or they fell out of the pushchair ect they could sue us, this has really got me thinking what if someone burns themselve on the b b q etc can they sue us? the last thing we want is a law suit.
Is there anything we should be doing /looking into before signing our lives away. The caravan we have seen it and love the layout but what I really would have liked to have done before signing over is stay in it for a night to cheack everything is as it appears, but unfortunatly for us the caravan is fully booked and this isnt possible. Can you think of anything that we should check before we hand over our very hard earned cash?
Thankyou in advance for any replies I look forward to participating in many posts on here Glad I found you

Old 07-08-2009, 13:51

Wink

HI c@lm-se@s welcome to the sight i also am a newbie to owning a caravan
i have had mine just a few weeks my only regret is i should hve bought one years ago i am sure you will recieve lots of advice their are some very knowledgeable people on this site but the only advice i can give you is to make the most of your caravan and get your moneys worth and i am sure you will have many happy times their EL TEL
Old 08-08-2009, 13:25

When you take a booking what do I need to send to them? (I havnt taken one yet )just want to be prepaired for when i do. Does anyone know how much it costs to advertise on ebay? Next yr I will advertise on one of the letting sites but just covering all options
Thanks again fo any reponses