Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting

Subletting Advice on all aspects of subletting (hiring) your caravan

Old 20-01-2016, 12:33

Default Our site up charges for subletting!!

Hi we have a caravan at Hoburne Devon bay we now have just been informed our letting charges have gone up front 20per cent to 25 plus vat and cleaning linen hire up to 50 pounds each let and the are changing the caravan grading so we will lose money that way as well not happy with them.
I wish we could manage the site fees without letting through them or how eAsy would it be to s sort lettings out ourselves.
We can't move are caravan to another park can we has anyone done this if so what company will let you bring your van on?
Any advice anyone or anyone else with Hoburne
Thanks for reading
Angela

Old 20-01-2016, 13:19

Blimey. Don't know how much you charge for a weeks rental on average, but at say 350 at 25% thats 87.5 + 20% VAT = 115 + 50 cleaning 165 or 40% of your revenue.

Even at 26 week occupency you would only net 4810 less tax.
So if you have to rent to pay rates, (which I guess are excessive,do you ever get to stay in your van?

Last edited by cyclist; 20-01-2016 at 13:21.
Old 20-01-2016, 15:43
Departed Friend

park resorts will move your van free within certain mileage limits,but by the time you pay for connection,site fees etc.it would possibly cost too much.and being they are a big player in the industry they may well charge as much as hoburne.
Old 20-01-2016, 16:13

we are with hoburne but don't let but the letter saying they were changing the rules annoyed me. If someone bought a van thinking they could sublet through hoburne till it had done ten seasons and now its only 8? that doesn't seem fair. The second catch is your van will be a hoburne special and all electric you wont find many parks that don't expect you to run the heating and cooking etc on gas.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 21-01-2016, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
we are with hoburne but don't let but the letter saying they were changing the rules annoyed me. If someone bought a van thinking they could sublet through hoburne till it had done ten seasons and now its only 8? that doesn't seem fair. The second catch is your van will be a hoburne special and all electric you wont find many parks that don't expect you to run the heating and cooking etc on gas.
I haven't seen anything about only letting for 8 years now I'm hoping it's still 10
When did you get that? I can't see it in the pack I was sent
Old 22-01-2016, 06:13

It was in the Cotswold newsletter. Came about two weeks ago, says in keeping with their policy they are withdrawing their own vans from the letting fleet and you may let yours privately but not through them after eight years. I assumed all Hoburne were the same ? It annoyed me as some people buy assuming they can let till that age and to change the goal posts for existing owners seems wrong

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 22-01-2016, 06:31

Defo worth a phone call to your site to get an update of your situation.
Old 22-01-2016, 09:08

Seems very harsh. I think we should start a petition to the government to give owners more say on what happens on Holiday caravan sites. The owners seem to be able to to change the rules to suit themselves with impunity.

Does anyone think it will work? After all Park homes have different rules. It seems unfair that owners of holiday homes have to put up with some unfair park owners.

Thankfully they are not all tarred with the same brush.
Old 22-01-2016, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Seems very harsh. I think we should start a petition to the government to give owners more say on what happens on Holiday caravan sites. The owners seem to be able to to change the rules to suit themselves with impunity.

Does anyone think it will work? After all Park homes have different rules. It seems unfair that owners of holiday homes have to put up with some unfair park owners.

Thankfully they are not all tarred with the same brush.
It boils down to do your home work,get on a site with fixed term agreement,as an annual renewal can terminate anytime and change licence agreement anytime.
Also financial homework ....Make sure if you have no rental income you can cover the fees..
Old 22-01-2016, 09:45

Thanks for all your replies
I will contact them about the 8 years Maddy.We have had no newsletter just the letting folder
The letting fees we get cover about 2/3 of the yearly costs up to now but it will be a fair bit less now .
Angela