Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Insurance

Insurance Discussion about all issues related to static caravan insurance, from which insurer to how best to make a claim.

Old 25-06-2017, 16:32

We insure our van with the site. Shopped around for other quotes but nobody would quote for vans that aren't chained down and didn't have skirting all round.
Vans at Bigland aren't chained and don't need to be. Pitches are individual and mostly walled on some sides. Our van doesn't have all round skirting but does have balcony and skirting on front but they weren't interested.

Decided to stick with site insurance because they will deal with claim if there is a disaster and premium wasn't hugely more anyway.

Make sure you check everything in proposal and insurance documents. I worked in insurance and I didn't find getting quotes etc straightforward.

Old 26-06-2017, 08:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
We insure our van with the site. Shopped around for other quotes but nobody would quote for vans that aren't chained down and didn't have skirting all round.
Vans at Bigland aren't chained and don't need to be. Pitches are individual and mostly walled on some sides. Our van doesn't have all round skirting but does have balcony and skirting on front but they weren't interested.

Decided to stick with site insurance because they will deal with claim if there is a disaster and premium wasn't hugely more anyway.

Make sure you check everything in proposal and insurance documents. I worked in insurance and I didn't find getting quotes etc straightforward.
My insurance states that the van must be strapped down or fully skirted. Ours is strapped down at the four corners and skirted where the decking is. Although I don't need to have it fully skirted, I may decide to do that, just to finish it off.