Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Insurance

Insurance Discussion about all issues related to static caravan insurance, from which insurer to how best to make a claim.

Old 18-01-2016, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxjack View Post
Hopefully one of the mods will create your own thread for you!
I can say that, as I am on a flood plain, NACO (my first choice) refused to insure for floods.
Towergate, with whom I had been insured for the previous few years, refused to insure me, though they are insuring other owners on the same site.
Make of that what you will. I don't understand why different criteria applies to similar vans on the same site.
I had to settle for Compass, for which the site is an agent, but with a 200 increase to the annual policy premium.
It's been a bit of a headache.
I'm seeking to move from the site and will make sure that the new site is a 'dry' one!
I trust that yours will be more straightforward and know you'll get best advice from the mebers here.
Thanks for your reply. The site is in Pilling. I'm not sure whether it is on a flood plain or not. I visited the site in December when there was plenty of rain but there was no flooding at the time. Do you know how to find the answer to that question?

Old 18-01-2016, 14:16
Departed Friend

the local council would be able to answer that one.
Old 19-01-2016, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
the local council would be able to answer that one.
Cheers Mick, I will send them an e-mail. If that doesn't work, I'll telephone them.
Old 19-01-2016, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Thanks for your reply. The site is in Pilling. I'm not sure whether it is on a flood plain or not. I visited the site in December when there was plenty of rain but there was no flooding at the time. Do you know how to find the answer to that question?
There's also a couple of websites that might be useful

http://apps.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood/31618.aspx

http://apps.environment-agency.gov.u...n&term=pilling

https://www.gov.uk/browse/environmen...xtreme-weather

I'm also using internet search engines to look for evidence of previous floods in my chosen area/s, being once bitten etc.....

Last edited by sxjack; 19-01-2016 at 12:39.
Old 21-01-2016, 17:55

Quote:
There's also a couple of websites that might be useful

http://apps.environment-agency.gov.uk/flood/31618.aspx

http://apps.environment-agency.gov.u...n&term=pilling

https://www.gov.uk/browse/environmen...xtreme-weather

I'm also using internet search engines to look for evidence of previous floods in my chosen area/s, being once bitten etc.....
Thanks for the post. I contacted the Environment Agency yesterday. I received an automated reply saying that they have up to 20 days to reply but would do their best to answer as soon as possible. They also said that under certain circumstances they could make a charge, It has to do with commercial use. I don't think they could construe my reason for applying for the information with commercial use but I will have to wait and see.

I first contacted the council who referred me to the Environment Agency.

Here is their reply.
Enquiries, Unit <enquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk>
To Barry Young Jan 20 at 5:09 PM
Please note this is an auto reply message.

Thank you The Environment Agency has received your email.

The Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations state that a public authority must respond to requests for information within 20 working days however we always aim to provide an answer as soon as we can.

For further information on what you can expect from us and our full service commitment to you then please visit our website:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ice-commitment

Usually we make no charge for providing information. In some cases we may make a charge for licensed re-use of our data. Where this is the case, we will notify you in advance.

Environmental Incident

If your email was to report an environmental incident i.e. pollution, fish in distress, dumping of hazardous waste etc then please call our freephone 24 hour Incident Hotline on 0800 80 70 60. For more details about incident reporting please see our website: https://www.gov.uk/report-an-environmental-incident

Kind Regards,

National Customer Contact Centre - Part of National Operations Services

( Tel: 03708 506 506
: Web Site: www.gov.uk/environment-agency

Click an icon to keep in touch with us:-
cid:image001.gif@01CD381F.E4C21A40cid:image002.gif @01CD381F.E4C21A40cid:image003.gif@01CD381F.E4C21A 40cid:image004.gif@01CD381F.E4C21A40cid:image005.g if@01CD381F.E4C21A40

I have paid the deposit on the lodge now but I haven't been given a date for start or completion yet. I would think it will be sometime between April and the end of May, so I have time to spare.
Old 01-02-2016, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunromin12 View Post
HI minx
Does your insurance cover you for flood cover
No, none of them would BUT it's not flooded for the last 100 years or so - the farming family that own the site live right next to it and they've been there for at least 4 generations, and in the area for longer, and have never known any flooding. There are also 30ft+ banks all along the main large river and flood gates on the smaller rivers flowing to/from it ... basically the height that the water would have to go up for us to be flooded would mean that most of Lincolnshire would!

Quote:
Hi That sounds lovely! Just to say that last year NACO eventually refused flood cover on my van, that's also near a river. I had to insure with Compass but the premium is 200 more than NACO's.
My 2007 BK Bluebird is insured on 'new for old' basis.
I went with NACO in the end as my Herald's policy is with them so when I need to cancel the Heralds' policy in a week or so's time, when the new owner pays for it in full, I've managed to persuade them to waive the 25 admin fee.
Old 01-02-2016, 18:35

Hi
It all seems to be working out well! Good!!