Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Static Caravan Reviews > ABI

ABI Reviews and discussion about caravans made by ABI

Old 05-01-2015, 17:26
Administrator

Default ABI Vista Platinum 28ft

Discuss and review the ABI Vista Platinum 28ft here

Follow us on Twitter (Info)

Old 05-01-2015, 22:19

Smile Vista Platinum Special 28ft x 12ft 2 berth

We found an ideal plot at Swanage Bay View the only problem being that the plot could only take a 28ft caravan. We looked at several models but found that the ABI Vista Platinum was the only one whose layout seemed to be proportionate for its size. The lounge can comfortably sit six adults but you can really only fit 5 at the dining table provided. This is not an issue for us. The kitchen has a good cooker with extractor and a built in fridge and freezer. There is plenty of storage in the kitchen. The boiler is in its own cupboard. The small bedroom has a full height wardrobe and whilst it can sleep two adults my view is that it is best suited to two children. The double bedroom has a double wardrobe and a king size bed with storage under and with storage over the headboard. There is a double pull out bed in the lounge but the mattress supplied is really not one that I would want to sleep on and an additional mattress needs to be purchased. I think that trying to sleep 6 people in the caravan for a long period would be too cramped but for a weekend is probably OK. We have slept 5 adults with the fifth adult sleeping on the lounge rather than the pull out bed. The toilet/shower room is more than adequate although the wash basin is a bit low. Gas fire in the lounge provides good heat as does the central heating. We have slept there at minus 3 outside and were never cold. Apart from condensation on the toilet cistern which is a pain during cold weather, any window condensation created over night soon disappeared once we aired the caravan. My overall assessment is that this is a great holiday caravan for a family of two adults and two children to holiday in come wind and shine. Regarding 4 adults plus, then as weekend caravan during fine weather making good use of the outside space. I would not want to holiday in it with 5/6 adults over a long period of bad weather as after a while you can feel a bit claustrophobic. Our family is two adults and a dog and the caravan combined with the large decking area that we have is ideal for us.