Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping

Shopping Are you after a bargain and want advice or have you just bought something for your caravan? Share your bargains with the community. STATIC CARAVAN RELATED PRODUCTS ONLY

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2016, 20:48
ickledookie ickledookie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ty Bont North Wales
Posts: 19
Default Re-upholstery & Re-flooring

Hi guys
I need to start looking for someone to reupholster our seat cushions and someone who re does the flooring. I have no idea what to look for or where to look! Can you help??
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 11-05-2016, 20:24
Welly Welly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickledookie View Post
Hi guys
I need to start looking for someone to reupholster our seat cushions and someone who re does the flooring. I have no idea what to look for or where to look! Can you help??
We went to Carpet right and redid the van front to back.
Thanks Welly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-05-2016, 14:22
ickledookie ickledookie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ty Bont North Wales
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welly View Post
We went to Carpet right and redid the van front to back.
Thanks Welly
Did you do the work yourself or did you get them to do it for you welly?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2018, 12:08
taffc taffc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Default

getting near D-day know first week end march we will be on our travels to ABERGELE, does any one know of a upholsterer in the area we have decided to refill seating with a memory foam or equivalent to help my back & spine, happy camping folks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-02-2018, 12:23
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffc View Post
getting near D-day know first week end march we will be on our travels to ABERGELE, does any one know of a upholsterer in the area we have decided to refill seating with a memory foam or equivalent to help my back & spine, happy camping folks.
I hope that you find a good upholsterer. I suffer from Sciatica so I know how important it is to look after your back.

When I last suffered from Sciatica, I was in Spain and I went to a Norwegian Chiropractor clinic. They really did a great job of putting me right. Before I started treatment, I could hardly walk and the pain was indescribable. They manipulate your back and give you exercises. No painkillers allowed, but an ice pack to place on your back to reduce the inflammation. It works. So my advice is, if you experience a bad attack, go to see a Chiropractor.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-02-2018, 15:20
taffc taffc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Default

thank you mosquito i will take your advice as it can be painful at times.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-02-2018, 16:49
KeithJ's Avatar
KeithJ KeithJ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 78
Default

Total sympathy from me.
I had Sciatica for the first time ever a month ago. I always used to think "It's only backache" when someone told me they had it. Wow! was I wrong, ended up in hospital as I couldn't move (My wife will tell you I don't ever complain if I'm ill), they gave me drugs that would get you arrested in Egypt
Nothing to do with upholstery but I thought I'd show some understanding (and show how big and brave I am )
Edit: Ickledookie, sorry for going off topic

Last edited by KeithJ; 13-02-2018 at 16:58.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15-02-2018, 16:00
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithJ View Post
Total sympathy from me.
I had Sciatica for the first time ever a month ago. I always used to think "It's only backache" when someone told me they had it. Wow! was I wrong, ended up in hospital as I couldn't move (My wife will tell you I don't ever complain if I'm ill), they gave me drugs that would get you arrested in Egypt
Nothing to do with upholstery but I thought I'd show some understanding (and show how big and brave I am )
Edit: Ickledookie, sorry for going off topic
You must be talking about Tramadol. I had a crick in the back of my neck which I couldn't shift. I went to the Pharmacist in Spain and they sold me Tramadol over the counter. It sorted it out within a couple of days.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15-02-2018, 16:17
KeithJ's Avatar
KeithJ KeithJ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
You must be talking about Tramadol. I had a crick in the back of my neck which I couldn't shift. I went to the Pharmacist in Spain and they sold me Tramadol over the counter. It sorted it out within a couple of days.
That's the one, plus Diazepam.
Again, sorry for going off-topic, perhaps we need a thread of ailments and remedies. (Joke!)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-02-2018, 22:18
LissaLyon LissaLyon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 38
Default

I reupholstered my seating
Was easy peasy once I got the knack of the first one.
All you need is
a bolt of proper upholstery fabric..it cost 300 for mine , and we bought more than needed so there’s enough to recover any that get damaged
9 ml MDF cut to size of cushion
Staple gun and staples
Thread and curved need,e
Pins
Glue

We did 12 all in all and probably saved ourselves about 2000

They took about two hours a cushion.
We watched some you tube videos then just went for it.

After we stapled the fabric to 4 sides of the MDf I Then cut into the corners, leaving enough to overlap and then stitched a neat seam.

The curved back rest ones in the corners of the van were a mare but even so I got them out of one piece of fabric and then again cut into the curves , placed fabric underneath and just hand stitched to neaten.

My handyman at home went down to the van and laid the laminate flooring throughout and he’s going down next month to put the shower cladding up and lay vinyl planking in the bathroom. Me and husband will paint the rest of the walls.

Curtains...I bought ready mades and it only cost 54 to have them all shortened. They came in at under 250 for the whole van
It will have cost 2000 to redo the whole van, including 3 new mattresses. I’m not renewing the little 2 feet bed, just put a mattress topper on it.

We removed a lot of the cupboards In the lounge that just looked dated
I wish I could post a pic
It looks like a new van now.
I purchased it for 13,000 and I would easily get 25,000 if I was prepared to sell it on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flooring advice required please.. AndyRVTR Owning A Caravan 9 17-09-2015 19:29
Laminate Flooring meggiemoo1 General Discussion 0 05-09-2015 18:36
Vinyl flooring TURNER Technical Issues 14 11-03-2014 07:45
so excited - new flooring Happilyhappy Owning A Caravan 35 03-02-2014 23:05
Replacing the Flooring of a Verandah kittycat Technical Issues 2 11-10-2013 11:34


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.