Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Advertise Your Services > Caravan Parks

Caravan Parks Why not check out one of the fantastic caravan parks

Old 27-09-2017, 09:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
Treetopper that's what I like to go to the van for - peace and quiet. I live 1.5 miles from the centre of Leeds. This weekend would have been quieter at home! Next door there are 3 lurchers and 2 jack russel type dogs. When the big dogs are there on their own it's fine, it's when the little yappy dogs are there (which is most times) then that's when the problem is. The little ones start and the big ones join in. My cat is petrified (he's 16) and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I've just rung Park Fold but they don't allow cats even if it stays inside. I won't rule anywhere out, even the "dark side" ie Lancashire lol
There are plenty of parks in Lancashire, we googled a lot but for us, it was important to have a long winter season with no pets. If you Google sites in Lancashire, I'm sure you would find the conditions you require but the problem is finding parks that allow bring ons.

I hope you find a suitable new home for your van.

Old 28-09-2017, 15:36

Thanks Mosquito. Just had a call from warden, site owner doesn't want to buy the van as he has too many of his own to sell (I wonder why lol). Mine is an older van but even a gentleman that bought a 2 year old van last year has to be sold privately.
I am going to try and sell privately and see what happens. If not I may just try selling it to the dealer. I've found a couple of sites in the local area that have site fees that are half the price. Gas bottles are also cheaper.
Old 29-09-2017, 11:07

Quote:
Thanks Mosquito. Just had a call from warden, site owner doesn't want to buy the van as he has too many of his own to sell (I wonder why lol). Mine is an older van but even a gentleman that bought a 2 year old van last year has to be sold privately.
I am going to try and sell privately and see what happens. If not I may just try selling it to the dealer. I've found a couple of sites in the local area that have site fees that are half the price. Gas bottles are also cheaper.
Just shows how some site owners treat their van owners,can't belive they took no action over 5 dogs!...you may find another site with piped gas...Good Luck
Old 29-09-2017, 23:42

Thanks TT, I know I couldn't believe it either, I've complained several times over the last 4 yrs to no avail. The site owner has told the warden to not get involved, he says people rent their plots from him and what they do with them is up to them! I did laugh when warden gave me site rules - I told her what I thought of them and that I wouldn't be signing them as I can do what I want so I don't need site rules. He can't have it all ways - she thinks I'm being awkward now lol. Ah well, let's hope I can find a dog lover to buy my van and I will find a cat only site with piped gas ;-)
Old 30-09-2017, 07:07

Quote:
It looks as if you may find a new home from home. If you can sell your van and possibly buy on one of the two sites you have found, it could be a good result.
Old 08-10-2017, 23:34

Thanks Cylon, it is out of order. The site owner doesn't care, he just collects the money and chats to the site warden by phone. His answer with regards to the dogs was "people rent their plot from me then it's up to them what they do with it". However, they then have a cheek to send out a list of site "rules" with your bill, it's laughable as one of the rules is "have consideration for your neighbours" . Anyway, not to worry, it's not my problem anymore.
I sold the van yesterday, I just need to go up once more and finishing emptying the van then I'm done. Now, I'm not saying anything about caravan site review pages on the internet.... yet
Old 09-10-2017, 06:37

Quote:
Thanks Cylon, it is out of order. The site owner doesn't care, he just collects the money and chats to the site warden by phone. His answer with regards to the dogs was "people rent their plot from me then it's up to them what they do with it". However, they then have a cheek to send out a list of site "rules" with your bill, it's laughable as one of the rules is "have consideration for your neighbours" . Anyway, not to worry, it's not my problem anymore.
I sold the van yesterday, I just need to go up once more and finishing emptying the van then I'm done. Now, I'm not saying anything about caravan site review pages on the internet.... yet
Best wait til cheque clears , enjoy the peace....must admit if we were in a similar situation,we would give up...

Last edited by treetopper; 09-10-2017 at 06:41.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:23

Quote:
I'm pleased you have a solution. At least you won't have the noisy dogs to contend with and a park owner who couldn't care less what van owners have to put up with.

Good luck if you decide to buy a new van somewhere else.
Old 09-10-2017, 14:41

Treetopper, I will definitely be waiting until my cheque clears it's a shame that I have had to give my van up, I LOVED it and have made it perfect for me. The buyers loved it, first one to view it has bought it, they have said it's the best van in their price range by far. I must have priced it right as I've had a few enquiries on line about it and have another potential buyer lined up if this one falls through for any reason. I will definitely enjoy the peace and quiet, and I will take the lessons I've learned and use them whenever my next van purchase will be.
Mosquito, absolutely, me and my purse deserve better than what we've had. I've had some good times there and I've had it for 4 yrs, it's time for new memories somewhere else
Old 09-10-2017, 17:29

Quote:
Treetopper, I will definitely be waiting until my cheque clears it's a shame that I have had to give my van up, I LOVED it and have made it perfect for me. The buyers loved it, first one to view it has bought it, they have said it's the best van in their price range by far. I must have priced it right as I've had a few enquiries on line about it and have another potential buyer lined up if this one falls through for any reason. I will definitely enjoy the peace and quiet, and I will take the lessons I've learned and use them whenever my next van purchase will be.
Mosquito, absolutely, me and my purse deserve better than what we've had. I've had some good times there and I've had it for 4 yrs, it's time for new memories somewhere else
Must admit Traction, it got me thinking how many have given up their vans recently,Eddie, marianda,Angela B, Tiamaria ,mick,etc.etc apologies if I have missed anyone...snowdrop (retired member10)gave up like you because their site didn't help them....so it's not all about lack of usage and money...