Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Travel

Travel Are you going on holiday? Got a favourite destination? Discuss it here. (Not caravan related)

Old 25-02-2011, 19:57

Default Disney Florida

Has anybody being to disney florida if so where would you recommend staying? and where to go? has anybody being the busch gardens at tampa bay? please help as im wanting to take my 2 little uns along and my friend and her little un

Old 27-02-2011, 16:28

Just make sure you have lots of energy and don't be afraid to have a chill day or two as I believe it can all be very tiring. Also very humid. My friends stayed at the jungle type hotel but I can't remember the name, they loved it because of the animals....
Old 01-03-2011, 21:16

Hiya

I can highly recommend Bahama Bay resort on Lake Davenport. Google it and have a look. The apartments are very spacious and of a high standard and no more than half an hour drive from Disney.

Scotty
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksideinteriors View Post
Has anybody being to disney florida if so where would you recommend staying? and where to go? has anybody being the busch gardens at tampa bay? please help as im wanting to take my 2 little uns along and my friend and her little un

There are loads of Hotels on International Drive Orlando, all of differing star ratings. We stayed at the Quality Inn, it was clean the room very large and food not bad with a decent swimming pool. International Drive is right in the middle of most of the parks, we really enjoyed Universal studios and Sea world (one at either end of Int Drive). Universal has also just opened the Harry Potter part of the park (can't comment on it though, as we have not been since it opened). They run a bus (tram) service on Int drive which for a small fee you can jump on and off all week. Have Fun and as Tescogran said make sure you have loads of energy and have a couple of chill days, we almost needed another holiday by the time we got home.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01

we stayed at quality inn International drive,they had free transport to Universal parks but not Disney Parks,to get to disney parks we had to get public transport wich meant 2 buses, it was ok but took a fair bit of time. I would advise you to check the brochures and try to get a hotel that provides free transport to Disney and Universal,
Old 03-03-2011, 11:12

Thank you for your respones i will take at look at what you have all said, thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 06:50

We had a fantastic 2 weeks in October with Ryan in his wheelchair, we did the theme parks EVERY day, I think I lost circa 1 stone pushing him around in the 29 degree heat...

We stayed at the Sheraton Vista Villages on International Drive, highly reccommend but as mentioned above there are many good ones to choose from.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:39

Not been for a few years so can't advise on current hotels. Stayed on International Drive, in Downtown Disney and hired a Villa - all good depending on budget and age of kids.
We actually preferred the Universal Parks and if you like roller coasters Busch Gardens was excellent although you have to factor in the travel either driving or other transport. One bit of advice is to get to the parks early in time for opening and plan what rides you want go on, that way you will be at the front of any queues. If you can go outside school holidays and avoid height of the summer - very hot and humid and BUSY, we found best time was around April or May not quite as busy and not quite as hot. We also used to go the cinema mid way through the day to avoid the crowds and the heat (seriously good air conditioning).
Whatever you decide enjoy and it is true what they say the memories do remain with you and the kids - our 25 year old still talks about it

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Has anyone noticed the date on the OP?

Great replies for anyone considering going in the future, thank you, but I think a little late for Parkside (who hasn't logged on for two years!)

I'll leave the thread open for discussion, as it may help others

Angela B
Mod team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 05-01-2013 at 08:46.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Has anyone noticed the date on the OP?

Great replies for anyone considering going in the future, thank you, but I think a little late for Parkside (who hasn't logged on for two years!)

I'll leave the thread open for discussion, as it may help others

Angela B
Mod team
Nope I'm going to try and blame Shuggie but I can't he's not been near the thread

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/