Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 20-12-2016, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
It would be interesting to know if people leaving sites are being replaced with new owners buying new vans and perhaps have a larger disposable income?

Is the market that buoyant or are some park owners going to find a lot of empty pitches, If that happens will it force a rethink and lead to lower fees or will it perpetuate higher fees in order to make up the shortfall in fees lost?
We have 19 empty pitches on our park at the moment. The sales directors visited to find out why this could be. I could have told them: prices to high when buying vans and prices to low on owner's van when upgrading. We feel ripped off, that's why they have empty pitches.

Old 21-12-2016, 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
We have 19 empty pitches on our park at the moment. The sales directors visited to find out why this could be. I could have told them: prices to high when buying vans and prices to low on owner's van when upgrading. We feel ripped off, that's why they have empty pitches.
I hope that you or someone else was given the opportunity to talk to him and let him know your thoughts.

At least the company are worried about the situation. I wonder if they will take notice or just appoint new salesmen to try and sort the problem. Hopefully it will be the first option.

We have some empty pitches on our site but they are selling vans. They have also put some new pitches in place so they must be positive that they will fill them. Do you know how many pitches in total are on your park?
Old 21-12-2016, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I hope that you or someone else was given the opportunity to talk to him and let him know your thoughts.

At least the company are worried about the situation. I wonder if they will take notice or just appoint new salesmen to try and sort the problem. Hopefully it will be the first option.

We have some empty pitches on our site but they are selling vans. They have also put some new pitches in place so they must be positive that they will fill them. Do you know how many pitches in total are on your park?
I think there are about 250 pitches. I'm not aware of them having spoken to any of the owners on the park. The information we have has come from the guys who work on security. We were not given any opportunity to speak to them. It's unlikely to be the first option, to be honest, its much more likely to be the second option. Sales staff are here today and gone tomorrow and I don't know if they go by choice or if they are pushed. The last lot barely lasted three months.
Old 01-11-2019, 20:18

Default Site fees

Just got my site fees in for the next 12 months .....An increase of 170 on last year
Old 02-11-2019, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.R View Post
Just got my site fees in for the next 12 months .....An increase of 170 on last year
Not got ours yet but usually 100...
Old 02-11-2019, 19:30

Ours has increased by 100. First increase in 3 years I think.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:25

Thumbs up Site fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
Ours has increased by 100. First increase in 3 years I think.
Ours has averaged 100 per year increase year on year in fairness we have had a lot of work done on site ....New roads ..... hardstanding.....Piped gas.....Updated drains etc so someone has to pay !!
Old 03-11-2019, 12:25

Mine has gone up around 160. Next review in two years. They haven't increased since 2012 when the new owners took over.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:55

Just got ours...up 100,plans for new security barriers this year....and in same envelope ,gas and electricity bill..gas per unit down,elect up slightly.....
Old 07-11-2019, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.R View Post
Ours has averaged 100 per year increase year on year in fairness we have had a lot of work done on site ....New roads ..... hardstanding.....Piped gas.....Updated drains etc so someone has to pay !!
Piped gas ,roads,sounds like a proper upgrade....must admit easier to work out usage of gas,just read a meter ,rather than guessing with bottles,...