Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 08-09-2019, 08:41

Default The Lawns

Did any of you go to the Lawns this year? Was there anything exciting? Unfortunately we are in Portugal until November when I looked at flights back they were silly prices, so when we return we may even travel from Dorset to Hull to look at Williby & Swift homes we are keen to look homes so we can get a idea of sizes etc. We cannot buy larger then 10 foot wide.

Old 09-09-2019, 23:46
Supporting Member

Didn't go this year but have gone every year previous. Did you know that they make static caravans to European spec? I don't know all the differences but I don't think they have carpets (like hotel rooms in hot countries).
Highfield caravans, Bridlington caravans and Yorkshire holiday homes all sell caravans to the UK and Europe, might be worth giving them a ring for some advice.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmell View Post
Didn't go this year but have gone every year previous. Did you know that they make static caravans to European spec? I don't know all the differences but I don't think they have carpets (like hotel rooms in hot countries).
Highfield caravans, Bridlington caravans and Yorkshire holiday homes all sell caravans to the UK and Europe, might be worth giving them a ring for some advice.
Thank you, some of the European spec we do went i.e. No carpets, fly nets but not 2 pin Euro electric plugs as we have mostly have our own 3 pin electrical goods, we will buy a fridge freezer here in Portugal as they are more suited to the hot weather. I did have a look at Highfield Caravans site but as we will be based in Dorset when we return in November it would be nice to find a company down here, we have spoken to Lloyds Caravans who sell 10 foot in ABI, Williby & Swift which is helpful but still a long way to to Colwyn in Wales.
Old 10-09-2019, 18:57
Supporting Member

The nearest manufacturer to Dorset will probably be Regal holiday homes then? Most of the manufacturers are in East Yorkshire/Humberside where the dealers I mentioned are all based.
Old 10-09-2019, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmell View Post
The nearest manufacturer to Dorset will probably be Regal holiday homes then? Most of the manufacturers are in East Yorkshire/Humberside where the dealers I mentioned are all based.
It maybe a trip up to the Hull area sometime then, if we cannot find a dealership in the south or as Lloyds Caravans at Colwyn Wales do all 3 makes we are interested in that could also be on the cards. I had a look at the Regal website unfortunately they do not do a 10 foot home but as they are in Dorset I will contact them in case they can help.

Last edited by Coastline; 10-09-2019 at 19:36.
Old 10-09-2019, 22:03
Supporting Member

I think delta and arronbrook do 10' wide vans and both are rather small compared with the big guns like willerby, swift and ABI
Old 13-09-2019, 19:43
Supporting Member

Check out the Arronbrook website, their Calypso have a few 10ft wide options and there are others in their range as well.
Old Yesterday, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Check out the Arronbrook website, their Calypso have a few 10ft wide options and there are others in their range as well.
Thank you we had a look at the Arronbrook website but the main bedroom size put us off, we now have narrowed our choice down to 2 makers Swift Loire 10x32' and Williby Reo gold or the new Ashurst 10x32 both have large main bedrooms and look nice in there layouts.
Old Yesterday, 13:12
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastline View Post
Thank you we had a look at the Arronbrook website but the main bedroom size put us off, we now have narrowed our choice down to 2 makers Swift Loire 10x32' and Williby Reo gold or the new Ashurst 10x32 both have large main bedrooms and look nice in there layouts.
Thatís good.
Iíve 13ft wide Ďvan so Iíve not really studied 10 footers in detail. Just aware of them as one as just come on to our site over the last few days and it look good.
As to larger v smaller lounges, itís down to each Ďvan owner & their preferences as to which they prefer. Best of luck fining the Ďvan that works for you.
Old Yesterday, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Thatís good.
Iíve 13ft wide Ďvan so Iíve not really studied 10 footers in detail. Just aware of them as one as just come on to our site over the last few days and it look good.
As to larger v smaller lounges, itís down to each Ďvan owner & their preferences as to which they prefer. Best of luck fining the Ďvan that works for you.
The Lane coming down to our small site in Portugal will only take 10 foot wide in fact for the last half mile it will have to be towed by a tractor!