Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 16-11-2017, 20:14

Thanks Mosquito and Mysty for your info.
I am going to ask the neighbours once we can get on site and start moving things in.

They show the sort that are accepted on site but they start from 499.
They obviously do not know I am from Lancashire hahaha !

Dave

Old 16-11-2017, 20:16

Thanks Mevannais for the info. Nice one you have

Dave
Old 16-11-2017, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhb View Post
If you get plastic, make sure it is approved for caravan use - there are two sorts, combustible and non-combustible. Also check with the site if you are allowed plastic - it sounds as if your site is pretty relaxed (is it holiday or residential?) but if the local fire service make a check and decide it is a fire risk,you could be ordered to remove it pronto.
Washing machine inside (if you have room) is much more convenient... washing machine AND tumble dryer is better still.
In an ideal world FHB I would love it inside but there just isnt enough room. But I have taken your points onboard

Dave
Old 16-11-2017, 20:26

Default Next is decking

Hi All

I have found out that only 2 companies can supply to caravans on our site, and never having bought decking before, is there anything I should be wary about. I have been told just how far we can come out with it. But obviously these 2 companies will be telling me theirs is second to none etc.

Are there any classic points I should know about and what to ask for.

Cheers

Dave
Old 18-11-2017, 10:18

I cannot help you with decking, I am instead goin to be a real pessimist/doom-monger (sorry) - but it sounds as if you will be living on a holiday site. Lots of people do, and lots of people are quite happy - but equally, lots of people have come badly unstuck either if the local council crack down or the park management changes, a holiday site does not give any security of tenure or any legal rights in law other than trading standards and what you actual contract says (unlike a residential site, which has a lot of protection enshrined in law).
Whatever you buy for your static, make sure that if the worst happens, you have a fallback location for any expensive/beloved items that you want to hang on to.
It sounds as if you are used to thinking flexibly, and if you travel a lot a holiday site probably works better for you than residential - just be prepared for the worst case scenario.
Somebody will surely be along soon to talk to you about decking (I believe there is at least one member on here involved in the trade who will give you some expert advice) so hope all goes well for you.
Old 18-11-2017, 11:24

People on ours who have plastic sheds for washing machines reinforce the base with pallets or similar and stand the machine on paving stones inside the base. Lots of people who let on ours have them as the launderette cant cope with everyone wanting to do the washing at change over time

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 18-11-2017, 20:21

Hi

No it is definitely not a holiday site. Purely for owners and immediate family only, this is something that is strictly upheld. I would convert a kitchen base cupboard into a washing machine void but we simply do not have the space as there is already both fully integrated fridge and freezer fitted so this would leave us with inadequate storage space in the kitchen.
The office has informed us many owner store their machines outside so cannot see it being a problem.

Dave
Old 18-11-2017, 20:21

Thanks Maddie for the info

Dave
Old 18-11-2017, 21:40
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMotorhomer View Post
Hi

No it is definitely not a holiday site. Purely for owners and immediate family only, this is something that is strictly upheld. I would convert a kitchen base cupboard into a washing machine void but we simply do not have the space as there is already both fully integrated fridge and freezer fitted so this would leave us with inadequate storage space in the kitchen.
The office has informed us many owner store their machines outside so cannot see it being a problem.

Dave
Hi Dave, I think there is confusion here as to what constitutes a holiday site. It is not the fact that is for owners only, but what the license from the council is. Residential sites have a different license, have more protection in law and residents pay council tax, also the vans or lodges are usually built to a higher 'residential' specification and more expensive. Many sites are owners only but that doesn't mean they are residential, even though they may be open for 12months. Councils are clamping down on people living in vans year round and people have been evicted with a lot of financial loss.
As to your other question, on our site loads of people have washing machines in the large Keter boxes with no problems. They run electrics and water for them and I've never heard any noise from them. Lot of people also have freezers in their boxes as well.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4

Last edited by Bells64; 18-11-2017 at 21:45.
Old 18-11-2017, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMotorhomer View Post
Hi

Dave
I have friends living in Mablethorpe. When looking for our van I checked out sites in that area amongst many others and saw a lot of misleading information. I was looking for a long season but only breaks for family. Particularly needed winter usage for short breaks. There was a site in Sutton-on-sea that looked hopeful but folk tipped me off that folk were living there all year round when they shouldn't, At the time I didn't know much about the different sorts of sites. We bought in another area eventually. We are on an owners only site and its absolutely clear. We can't have a van here without a permanent home address. All correspondence to do with our van agreement is sent to home address even if we are at the van when it's sent out. We aren't allowed to receive mail at the van or the site office .

Think you should clarify the situation. Words don't always mean the same. Find out whether you will be paying council tax - you would be on a residential pitch. Those of us on owners only holiday sites pay a share of the council rates for the whole site - not council tax. It's not linked to whether van is rented out or not.
Sorry if you think this is splitting hairs but I know that they are clamping down on these things all down that coast and sites that were very relaxed about things are tightening up . Not much fun if folk have splashed out on a nice van believing it's their seaside dream home and they have nowhere else to go.