Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 16-11-2017, 10:03

Default Hello from Portsmouth

Hiya, been lurking for a few days so finally took the plunge!
I'm in the process of buying a used static on a holiday park! Looking to spend a lot of time in there as probably retiring on medical grounds!!
Can somebody tell me the legal process of buying the static please? Do I need to involve the park, or solicitor?
Will I still get "owner" privelidges ?
Will I still get entertainment passes for me & family or will I have to buy them?
My first purchase, in case you couldn't tell, so need a bit of guidance please
Thank you

Old 16-11-2017, 10:21

Any purchase on a site has to go through the owners of the site. Sounds like you are going on to a Haven type site. If it is a private sale you will still get the passes and privileges the same as other owners, however you won't get a rebate on the site fees that those who buy from the site get, at Primrose Valley it was approximately 530.
Old 16-11-2017, 11:10

I don't know how far you are down the line of purchasing but general rule of thumb is site first ...make sure this is the perfect site for you , do you want the facilities offered or something different , is it in the right area and not too much travelling involved , then pick the pitch , then pick the van last , ceretain caravans won't be right for certain pitches , you will be happy with your van but you can soon get fed up with an area/site . No solicitor needed just make sure you are aware of all ongoing costs ...site fees / utilities/ insurance . Allow approx 1500 to kit it out ...tv , bedding, crockery etc etc.
No need to rush ....though I think most of us do when we see something we want , there are always vans and plots becoming available , try and get the best possible deal and anything offered get it in writing.
Good luck and happy days !
Old 16-11-2017, 12:33

As Mevennais says, you must go through the park before you agree on anything with the seller. Hopefully, you have done this. If not, I would advise you not to put a deposit on the van until you have. There is a lot of information on the forum advising what steps you should take before you make your purchase. I strongly suggest that you read the threads on that subject.

If you have any specific questions just ask. I'm sure you will receive good advice.

Good luck.