Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: If someone offered you the price you paid for your van originally, would you sell it?
No chance! 16 34.04%
Yes - I would buy a different caravan on the same park. 11 23.40%
Yes - I would buy a different caravan on another park. 6 12.77%
Yes - I would take the money and get out of static ownership. 5 10.64%
Not Sure. 9 19.15%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012, 10:40
Supporting Member

It's a year now since we bought our van, and I wouldn't sell it back for what we paid as I can't imagine we would ever find such a good van at such an amazing price again! Shine not worn off our 'baby' yet!!!!

Old 20-02-2012, 10:45
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
I'd sell ours in a flash. I have said before that we're not in love with the van,or any other van tbh. We love the area and having a van in it is the next best thing to owning property there. If time and work allowed,the van would be on the transfer list tomorrow in favour of a nice bungalow. I have voted 'buy a better van' but tbh the thought of that pees me off. After all it's only somewhere to get our heads down for 30 odd weekends a year.
hi das , thats a shame , but i think with you still being in 30s? you probably have gone into statics a bit early , we saw it as a retirement thing , i am in my 50s hubby 60, hes self employed i work part time have thurs fri and all weekends off , so it suits us and hope to get a lot of use out of it , and i sure one of the kids would snap it up if we did get tired of it ,

when we were in 30s we were going on our first trips abroad , didnt buy a motor home til about ten years ago , i began to think we had done that too early too , having done the hols abroad i am quite content to be here for while it doesnt mean we cant do other thiings too , with the economic climate i think it would be very expensive to go abroad too , we dont know as not been in ours at all yet but i think things have changed now grandkids have started arriving .
Old 20-02-2012, 13:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
They could have the van but not the pitch ! so I guess if the site offered us an upgrade and let us put the new van on our pitch and gave us what we paid I would be tempted but to be honest I would still need twenty grand I haven't got !

Have to admit I voted without comment last night ,but I was first to vote and voted.....
Yes - I would buy a different caravan on the same park.
I had to vote this way as there was not a vote for if you got MORE

We are similar to Maddy and obviously hopefully less than 20 grand to change. as we would be governed by our plot size.
Old 20-02-2012, 14:01

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinel View Post
hi das , thats a shame , but i think with you still being in 30s? you probably have gone into statics a bit early , we saw it as a retirement thing , i am in my 50s hubby 60, hes self employed i work part time have thurs fri and all weekends off , so it suits us and hope to get a lot of use out of it , and i sure one of the kids would snap it up if we did get tired of it ,

when we were in 30s we were going on our first trips abroad , didnt buy a motor home til about ten years ago , i began to think we had done that too early too , having done the hols abroad i am quite content to be here for while it doesnt mean we cant do other thiings too , with the economic climate i think it would be very expensive to go abroad too , we dont know as not been in ours at all yet but i think things have changed now grandkids have started arriving .
You're right in a way janinel. We have done it too young. We don't regret buying it in the least but we do regret not being to stay for longer periods due to work. I've said on another thread of my own that I wouldve waited another 20 years to buy a static if we'd thought about it and stuck with the tourer. We still can't wait to get back to it though!
Old 20-02-2012, 14:01
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
Shine wearing off a bit tia? I know ours has a bit.
yes and no das...... i think it's cos i havent been and because of our little problem

and i am going to Berlin in May and i am really looking forward to it..... so that is what i am thinking of at the moment and not my van....

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 20-02-2012, 15:04
Departed Friend

Got the van half price!! and 4K part exchange for a soggy Tourer!! so no!!

Heart back to to me River Cabin cruiser...brain to static (to old for them chuffin locks now)

Atb Stu

[COLOR="Red"]I've learnt to handle stressful situations like a dog...
if I can't eat it or play with it, I just p-e on it and walk away[/COLOR];)

Last edited by stu1; 20-02-2012 at 15:13.
Old 20-02-2012, 16:35
Retired Member

NO WAY! I love my park, I love my pitch and I love my van. Know we haven't had it long, but I can't imagine wanting to get rid of the van, or moving off the site.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:04

i voted Yes - I would take the money and get out of static ownership.
this is because im in i rite fed up mood with it. same as tia, as we havent been at the van coz of the closed priod its got me thinking is all the expense worth it. site fees, buying the van, drain downs, upkeep, this year i want to skirt the van, new carpets throughout, re-upholster. condensation issues, cutting the grass (i got rid of the grass at my house as it needed cutting everyweek and i dont have the time) staining the decking, the jobs are endless. but as tia said when im back at the van and the sun is shining while me and mrs chocy are sat on the decking with a bottle of wine then i will hopefully feel different again.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:19
Supporting Member

I said yes to change the caravan but not the site or pitch. I would love to get a brand new high spec van with all of the optional extras if I had a lottery win (only way it will happen).

I can't wait to get back to "caravan weekends" which take the stress away after a hard week at work! I have been counting the cost of everything to do with the van but it is worth every penny for the "ahhhh" sigh when I get there.

Mrs S.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:22

We would like to keep our pitch and our park, but it would be nice to have a 12 ft van instead of a 10 ft and in an ideal world double glazing and central heating would be nice too!!