Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: If someone offered you the price you paid for your van originally, would you sell it?
No chance! 16 34.04%
Yes - I would buy a different caravan on the same park. 11 23.40%
Yes - I would buy a different caravan on another park. 6 12.77%
Yes - I would take the money and get out of static ownership. 5 10.64%
Not Sure. 9 19.15%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012, 23:45

No way.....would we sell, unless it was quite a bit more than we paid (we got a real bargain), i would be very hard pushed to find a comparable van, site, pitch to the one we have, it just suits us.

Apart from all the improvements we have made over the year, yes there is always something to do, and if i had lots of money i would do lots of things to the van.

But i love the fact that we own a van, and it is just our's, despite the cost, to us it is money well spent, been on holidays abroad years ago, been all over UK, and we have a dog that we take away with us (cant leave him or he sulks!!!).

Old 21-02-2012, 00:31
Retired Member

Thanks for all your replies.

Do you know, I haven't voted yet as I am still thinking about it - I don't know which way to vote. Will have to sleep on it tonight.

It will probably be either buy on a different site or take the money and run and get out of static ownership for a while (not for ever though).
Old 21-02-2012, 05:17

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Thanks for all your replies.

Do you know, I haven't voted yet as I am still thinking about it - I don't know which way to vote. Will have to sleep on it tonight.

It will probably be either buy on a different site or take the money and run and get out of static ownership for a while (not for ever though).
I can see your dilemma mupp. In years to come we will probably have a break. That's only when the van is worthless anyway though.
Old 21-02-2012, 09:07

We might sell to move to another area as hubby is a bit sick of going to the same place all the time. I haven't tired of the area as I love it, but I can see his point of view. We have only had this van for one full season so I don't think that I'm attached to it, as I was our previous van on the same site. I'm like Tia in the closed season somehow it doesn't feel as if I have a van at the moment. Imagine if we exchanged vans of similar value on different sites amongst ourselves!

Last edited by Clarissa; 21-02-2012 at 09:09.
Old 21-02-2012, 09:08
Retired Member

Well, I have finally ticked that I would take the money and buy on a different park - probably on the one that Bungle is on up the road from us., but I would wait until the right van came up. We must have viewed 100 vans before we chose ours so it would be difficult to find one that we want to buy.

My ideal would have been to buy our current van on Bungle's site, but we didn't know that site existed when we were looking.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:01
Departed Friend

Quote:
If someone came along and offered you the price you paid for your van originally, would you sell it?
no chance.i still can,t believe the van is actually ours.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:25

Quote:
Well, I have finally ticked that I would take the money and buy on a different park - probably on the one that Bungle is on up the road from us., but I would wait until the right van came up. We must have viewed 100 vans before we chose ours so it would be difficult to find one that we want to buy.

My ideal would have been to buy our current van on Bungle's site, but we didn't know that site existed when we were looking.
Mupps can you get a tow on onto bungles site,"If you don't ask you will never know"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarw View Post
We would like to keep our pitch and our park, but it would be nice to have a 12 ft van instead of a 10 ft and in an ideal world double glazing and central heating would be nice too!!
Ditto....We bought our van to dip our toes into the water of vanning so to speak,and bought our van ,and now we feel as though we can Spend Kids Inheritence (SKI) ,whether is be retro DG ,retro under floor insulation,new carpets,new curtains and BLINDS ,reupholster etc.etc. or buy another van with DG,CH ......
Old 21-02-2012, 12:29
Retired Member

Topper - maybe but it would cost a substantial amount of money.

We can't buy at TreeTops yet until we win big on the lottery and then we can use our private helicopter to get there lol.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:34
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarw View Post
We would like to keep our pitch and our park, but it would be nice to have a 12 ft van instead of a 10 ft and in an ideal world double glazing and central heating would be nice too!!
so size does matter.i found that the extra 2 ft.makes the lounge look really spacious.
Old 21-02-2012, 12:42

Quote:
Topper - maybe but it would cost a substantial amount of money.

We can't buy at TreeTops yet until we win big on the lottery and then we can use our private helicopter to get there lol.
Come to think of it ,I won on Lotto 2 weeks ago and bought an OFR from Aldis with it but had already bought on Treetops