Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: DO YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT YOUR VAN?
YES, IT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY. 3 4.92%
NO, I LOVE IT SO THERE. 36 59.02%
DON'T KNOW. 9 14.75%
SHUT UP SI, YOU'RE AN IDIOT FOR MENTIONED SOMETHING SO SILLY. 13 21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-03-2012, 14:21

Tis a shame when when a partner falls out with the van. Both me and my wife love it, mainly because it is our escape place. It used to be good as her phone didn't get a signal, so work couldn't get hold her, however, her new phone does We shall have to keep an eye on that, best bit, is that there is no WI-FI so she cannot use the computer.

I think it can be a very stressful time for couples who own a van and one partner is hanging back, they are not cheap things and I can see how problems can arise. I hope you guys that are having problems sort them without falling out over it.

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static

Old 15-03-2012, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Who wanted the van really Chocy - you or the Mrs?
we both wanted a van mupps. it took us over a year to decide on this park then the van mupps. mrs chocy found the van while i was fishing on the site and i said no as it was quite expensive (i wanted a cheap starter van) but she gave me her sad puppy eyes and i gave in. mrs chocy does a lot of cake decorating and she says she hasnt the room at the van to do them, so she keeps popping home or says she cant stay for the full weekend. but i think we spent a lot of money not to be there much. i still cant see why she cant decorate the cakes at the van as there is enough room. she also cant relax as she always needs to be doing something, where i can just sit for hours chilling out just waching tv.
Old 15-03-2012, 20:39
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocy View Post
we both wanted a van mupps. it took us over a year to decide on this park then the van mupps. mrs chocy found the van while i was fishing on the site and i said no as it was quite expensive (i wanted a cheap starter van) but she gave me her sad puppy eyes and i gave in. mrs chocy does a lot of cake decorating and she says she hasnt the room at the van to do them, so she keeps popping home or says she cant stay for the full weekend. but i think we spent a lot of money not to be there much. i still cant see why she cant decorate the cakes at the van as there is enough room. she also cant relax as she always needs to be doing something, where i can just sit for hours chilling out just waching tv.
so we all want different things from our van.... some like to chill and do nothing while others like to be busy.
if Mrs Choccy does the cakes for a living i can understand where she is coming from.. as she wants to be home in her kitchen where everything is on hand..
but like you say- it's a lot of money if we dont spend time there x.

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 15-03-2012, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
so we all want different things from our van.... some like to chill and do nothing while others like to be busy.
if Mrs Choccy does the cakes for a living i can understand where she is coming from.. as she wants to be home in her kitchen where everything is on hand..
but like you say- it's a lot of money if we dont spend time there x.
I can see the logic of buying a starter van after reading Choccy's dilemma.
We spoke to someone on Talacre park that bought a starter van 10 foot wide ,then after a couple of years upgraded to a bigger van with CH and DG.
She is as keen as ever and looking forward to opening their van 1st week in April as she has just gone to Florida for Holiday
Old 16-03-2012, 02:40
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocy View Post
Can't remember (sorry) what van you have Chocy? You have got to get a lot of use out of them to make them worthwhile as they cost a fair bit and then there is the site fees, etc.

I am like you, like to chill but my OH has always got to be doing stuff. Fortunately, he likes doing stuff in or around the van or helping out others with their vans, so I don't have any problems getting him to go - just wish he would finish the stuff he has started around the house lol.
Old 16-03-2012, 06:12

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Can't remember (sorry) what van you have Chocy? You have got to get a lot of use out of them to make them worthwhile as they cost a fair bit and then there is the site fees, etc.

I am like you, like to chill but my OH has always got to be doing stuff. Fortunately, he likes doing stuff in or around the van or helping out others with their vans, so I don't have any problems getting him to go - just wish he would finish the stuff he has started around the house lol.
What if there was a young blonde wanting help with her van mutt?Would you be happy to let hm fiddle with her chassis?