Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 25-09-2014, 22:37

to the world of static caravan ownership from another Abi owner.

Old 27-01-2015, 23:12

Finally....

Not without its trauma getting on site (see guttering) and a loss of all bar one of the keys by the site caretaker. It had been on site just 12 hours when this pic was taken, still quite a bit to do and some leveling out needed.
Old 28-01-2015, 00:59

Yahhhhh congratulations Micrashed
I bet you and Mrs Micrashed have been eagerly anticipating your new arrival. She looks lovely, I'm sure the guttering will be soon sorted for you. Can't wait to hear all your news and you find it compared to a tourer - all be it a tourer in one place lol.
Old 28-01-2015, 01:19

Very nice. Many congratulations.
Old 28-01-2015, 09:22
Supporting Member

Very nice. Don't forget to make sure it's sitting on axle stands (the location points will probably be marked on the chassis) - there are 10 under our 35ft ABI St David!

Andy welcome to the world of not having to worry about filling water and emptying waste and toilet cassettes! We came from touring, and it's wonderful to arrive at your 'van knowing the most strenous job needing doing is opening the wine! (and that's coming from someone who turns the water off at the stop top EVERY trip, and drains the water every visit from October to April!!).
Old 28-01-2015, 11:57
Supporting Member

The new green baby looks very nice, smashing photo. No doubt your guttering will be fixed quickly - How did that happen one asks ?????
Is it a 36' van ? It looks a biggy on that photo !
We are way behind you and awaiting a delivery date for our new ABI baby and delivery to Ullswater, hopefully for March 1st. Ordered in November and no date as yet !!
Congrats and enjoy. Keep us posted re all the jobs as you tick them off. Always interesting to read of others who have "been there before you".
Old 28-01-2015, 21:16

The guttering was part of an altercation with a tree branch on the way into the site. Im measuring up for axel stands tomorrow - with it being on a slope I'll need a couple of different size ones.

Kitchen area

Really not a fan of Combi boilers this is the work of Satan to me

Its a very basic model, and we dumped stuff in it from the tourer whilst we found it some homes, this one is lacking on electrical sockets ( 2 in the living room, 2 in the kitchen, 1 for the microwave and 1 in each of the 3 bedrooms)

Still, as you say, no connecting the gas and filling the water barrel ( well, gas not connected just yet and water shut off).

Last edited by MicraShed; 28-01-2015 at 21:20.
Old 28-01-2015, 21:31
Supporting Member

Nice "moving in" photos Micrashed. So is it feasible to add a few power sockets as you feel they are a bit scarce ? ( Seems like a bit of an omission by ABI methinks ! ).
Anyway, looks like you have the telly up and running quickly !!
Keep us posted and good luck with it all coming together. All the best with it, sure you will have it sorted in no time.
Old 28-01-2015, 21:41

TV aerial isnt working so thats on DVD. Its wired in at the site and continuity is good in van to out so my next trick is to pop a long cable on from the pitch next door (empty) and see if that works, if it does then I know its the hook up, if not then its some where on the van cable.

I can pop a few extra sockets in and I want an outdoor power and light point for the decking area. A job for the nicer weather along with an outdoor tap point.
Old 29-01-2015, 07:58
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicraShed View Post
Many thanks.
Been buying bits for the new van from ikea today. Not sure if it will come with a regulator to connect the gas bottle to - can anyone advise what size to opt for? Presumably a 37mB/4Kg-hr type. I have a new unused 19kg bottle so I plan to empty that then swap to twin 47kg bottles on an auto changeover so that Mrs Micrashed doesnt have to faff with the gas bottles.
Also due to access ssues contemplating spray foam insulation for the underfloor - not sure if that is DIY-able though.
4 weeks to delivery
Hiya, this was posted in September, 4 weeks till delivery,
Was there any reason why it took so long? Or where you just waiting for the right plot to become available?
Its a lovely van by the way, mine used to be green
X

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE