Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 18-06-2012, 08:26

Default Quiet Site?

We have been up to N Norfolk this weekend as we do most weekends. I noticed how really and I mean REALLY quiet it was. Went in the bar and there was 14 people in on a Saturday night in June Went into North Walsham on Saturday morning and got into the free car park, which is rare. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Old 18-06-2012, 08:29
Retired Member

Yes, just commented on it in another thread.

Our Park was really really quiet this weekend. Even some of the owners that are usually there every weekend weren't around.

I wondered if it was because we have just had half-term and the Diamond Jubilee and because the weather has been so unpredictable recently.
Old 18-06-2012, 09:27
Retired Member

hi yes our site was quiet but thats howwe like it , fair few tourers still , we were surprised as they had entertainment on old rockband ,there must have been same about fourteen of us in the club ,they let dogs in so we sat waiting with drink ,9 oclockthe band started testing sound etc ,next minute cymbals crashing drum kit going full pelt ! well our dog tookoff trying to get out door , so we grabbed our drinks and sat outside for bit , but he was still suffering so we went back static,the poor dog hes ok but must have made him jump out of his skin ,i think last time we saw the band we left dog in motorhome ,but hes not used to static yet , i am not bothered about club really unless its hot enough to sit outside summer evening,

with so little people on site i thought the band would be playing to themselves,seemed a waste really , you could hear the drums till all hours,

Last edited by Retired Member 4; 18-06-2012 at 09:29.
Old 18-06-2012, 09:47
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinel View Post
with so little people on site i thought the band would be playing to themselves,seemed a waste really , you could hear the drums till all hours,
Must have cost them more than they took in the bar. Trouble is Parks book entertainment well in advance - I suppose it is difficult to guage how many folks will be on site using the club.

I am enjoying the peace atm. It is the calm before the school summer holidays lol.

Overall, though I think our Park has been a lot quieter this year than previous years.
Old 18-06-2012, 14:13

We came to park on Saturday and must admit we both said how quiet it was for a weekend ,maybe Father's day had something to do with it.In fact on Sunday we had a trip out and diverted thru Towyn ,as DAs has said it was dead.
Monday we had a walk thru a site in Prestatyn and we were amazed at the number of empty pitches and the number of vans for sale.
Old 18-06-2012, 14:39

Much quieter out there and have you noticed that there seem to be more private vans available for rental these days.
Old 18-06-2012, 16:32

I think its quieter, worrying really as they need the business or our rent will go up.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 18-06-2012, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
Much quieter out there and have you noticed that there seem to be more private vans available for rental these days.
Its seems many are stuck for cash, they can't afford the ridiculous rental costs in peak season, think twice before making long journeys because of fuel costs and the weather is pants. The problem is sites trying to recoup lost rentals from site fees which in turn means more private vans being hired out.

Its encouraging I guess that hiring privately from the right site is reasonably easy as rates are cheaper, perhaps it shows UK holidays have been over priced for years in the major holiday areas.

Quiet isn't good if you are a business that relies on tourism.
Old 18-06-2012, 18:26
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
I think its quieter, worrying really as they need the business or our rent will go up.
that's what my hubby says....but we both agreed we wouldn't be held to ransom by the park... if the rates went up too much and they took the p**s then i would tell them to whistle!!
I, for one would like less vans on site.. they squash them in everywhere.. i wish they would take a few of the unsold ones off site and make parking areas as some weekends it is a free-for-all!!

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 18-06-2012, 18:32

Quiet isn't good if you are a business that relies on tourism.
That applies to a lot of small businesses in Norfolk. If you go to Cromer, there is a Boots, Budgens and all the other shops are small independents. Then there are all the cafes, chippies and slots that all rely on tourism, and in Cromers case particularly Cromer Crab has been sold and not sure how many are going to keep their jobs. Need a summer of 76 again.