Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 01-08-2012, 11:40

Default Rural Site with Minimal Fees.

Hello, along with my other add (centre lounge van wanted)
I'm hopeing people will advise me of sites that are small, rural with minimal facilities (don't want clubs and pools and stuff, ~) and with minimal fees.
Would prefere north/west wales as 1st choise, but am open to offers.

thank you derryk

Old 01-08-2012, 12:29

My site is rural wales but mid wales 63ish vans, laundrette, small games room, fishing lake. Its on a privately owned farm. Low site fees and is about 10/15 minute drive from local villages. There are some vans up for sale on their website and I think they say they have 3 vacant plots but I only recall seeing 2 at the weekend when I was walking the dog. I can't say what layout the vans are that they have for sale sorry - I don't know.

Good luck on your hunt
Old 01-08-2012, 13:35
Retired Member

We have recently visited quite a lot of sites in north east Anglesey, many of which were small and quiet rural sites without facilities. The majority looked very nice but were not what we are looking for as we need a bit more going on for our son. If you would be interested in that area I'd be happy to give you a list including the site fees we were quoted.
Old 01-08-2012, 16:51

We have a static on a lovely site in the Yorkshire Dales - no clubs, swimming pools etc. Close to the 3 Peakes and right next to the River Greta. The site is immaculately maintained and the manager and site people are very helpful. We like the place so much we are in the process of buying a small cottage half a mile away. It sounds like our Cosalt Baysdale (2005) Super 360/2 (6 Berth) may not be the type of static you are after though. Good luck with the search - we have been (and still are) very happy here and glad we bought a static.
Old 01-08-2012, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen82 View Post
My site is rural wales but mid wales 63ish vans, laundrette, small games room, fishing lake. Its on a privately owned farm. Low site fees and is about 10/15 minute drive from local villages. There are some vans up for sale on their website and I think they say they have 3 vacant plots but I only recall seeing 2 at the weekend when I was walking the dog. I can't say what layout the vans are that they have for sale sorry - I don't know.

Good luck on your hunt
thank you Coleen, I will look at the web site . A quiet and peaceful site is first, and because I want a centre lounge van, pitch is real important. Thanks again.derryk
Old 01-08-2012, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyanth View Post
We have recently visited quite a lot of sites in north east Anglesey, many of which were small and quiet rural sites without facilities. The majority looked very nice but were not what we are looking for as we need a bit more going on for our son. If you would be interested in that area I'd be happy to give you a list including the site fees we were quoted.
Thank you sammyanth, yes please a list like that would be most helpful. derryk
Old 01-08-2012, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyfields View Post
We have a static on a lovely site in the Yorkshire Dales - no clubs, swimming pools etc. Close to the 3 Peakes and right next to the River Greta. The site is immaculately maintained and the manager and site people are very helpful. We like the place so much we are in the process of buying a small cottage half a mile away. It sounds like our Cosalt Baysdale (2005) Super 360/2 (6 Berth) may not be the type of static you are after though. Good luck with the search - we have been (and still are) very happy here and glad we bought a static.
hello hillyfields, im real new to this so without googling that model van I have no idea what it is. I think my heart is set on a centre lounge. The site sounds nice though. derryk
Old 01-08-2012, 21:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyfields View Post
Hello again, I hope you don't mind me asking But Lisa (my other/better) half has said to find out the details of your van and site, and see if there are any pictures.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by derryk View Post
thank you Coleen, I will look at the web site . A quiet and peaceful site is first, and because I want a centre lounge van, pitch is real important. Thanks again.derryk
hello Coleen, I found the place and have looked at their website. The pics look good, so I have mailed them for more details. You never know. Thanks for your help. derryk
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derryk View Post
Thank you sammyanth, yes please a list like that would be most helpful. derryk
Ok, I'll put the list together and send it to you