Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Closed Thread

Old 23-11-2011, 13:09

I believe Bourne Liesure/Haven have the offer on but you'd have to work out what parks are doing it & what pitches you can choose etc...
It has included transport costs in the past up to a certain mileage.

Old 23-11-2011, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by amble View Post
Amble links holiday park(park leisure group) allow towons but charge 25% more rent for these.
We looked at Amble as a possible location but were put off by additional 25% rent in comparison.
Old 23-11-2011, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
There seems to be a few new, and older members wishing to move from a site that they are unhappy on, I am hoping that members will inform the forum on this thread if they see a site that is allowing you to bring your own caravan onto their site, as it seems they are as rare as 'rocking horse pooh' .
As we were passing, I noticed Neuadd Bridge Caravan Park (Mid Wales) http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...BppOOg&cad=rja had a sign outside on the main road saying 'Bring your caravan here' which gave me the idea...
It will be up to the individual who is looking to move to research the site etc, unless it is your own park you are telling us about, but as least it will be offering some alternative for members ... I don't mind keeping the 'list' up to date at times throughout the season of course, or it's no use doing this.
It's probably going to be few and far between at the moment, as it is the end of the season, but it should liven up in the spring hopefully ...

Having a thread like this I am hoping will prove helpful to people who seem to be feeling pretty desperate in some cases...

For this thread to be a success, I'm going to need all your 'eyes and ears to the ground' so I'm hoping you will all help me by doing this please

We must keep 'ON TOPIC' as well please
Leisureglades park in Clacton on sea will take tow ons although they do charge quite a few thousand! having said that i have just moved on to the site and it is lovley, really quite, your own fenced off garden, private parking and only shuts for 6 weeks a year!
not the cheepest option but a great site
Old 23-11-2011, 15:48

We recently had an email from our park management saying that we could change parks and also saying that they would let people bring caravans on to certain of their parks. It's South Lakeland Parks. There were some conditions but I didn't look too closely because we are very happy where we are. I'll try to find the email and see if I can copy it to you Angela.
Old 23-11-2011, 15:57

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Thanks everyone what a great start

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 23-11-2011, 18:00
Departed Friend

hi ang,our new site(llwyn cellyn) at adfa,near newtown mid wales has 2 pitches available for tow ons.it is a well kept quiet site,no clubhouse etc.ideal for access to west coast though.peter,the owner,makes sure everything is done properly when siting vans.quite reasonable to.
Old 23-11-2011, 23:36
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Leisureglades park in Clacton on sea will take tow ons although they do charge quite a few thousand! having said that i have just moved on to the site and it is lovley, really quite, your own fenced off garden, private parking and only shuts for 6 weeks a year!
not the cheepest option but a great site
I can recommend this site too - owners from our park have moved there. As Bungle says, it is not cheap to tow on there but the site fees are I believe about 2400 including rates, which is fairly cheap for Clacton. You could recoup the costs of towing on over a few years with cheaper site fees.
p.s. Bungle - aren't the fees about 50% less than you were paying on your old site?

Edit: The owners from our site that moved there said that they don't normally accept bring-ons if your van is over 5 years old.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 24-11-2011 at 08:11.
Old 24-11-2011, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
I can recommend this site too - owners from our park have moved there. As Bungle says, it is not cheap to tow on there but the site fees are I believe about 2400 including rates, which is fairly cheap for Clacton. You could recoup the costs of towing on over a few years with cheaper site fees.
p.s. Bungle - aren't the fees about 50% less than you were paying on your old site?
Yes Mupps, the actual site fee this year on Leisureglades is 2170.00 and i was paying after discount 3900 at Weeley so a big saving! and i have to say it really is so nice on my new site, its great to have your own garden, i have been aloud to fence it off and plant a hedge, you can pretty much have the garden as you wish.
Old 20-12-2011, 10:58

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Default Re - Caravan Transport...

Hi folks, just a short update post from me.
One of our members can provide this service for you

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread...avan+transport

Hope this is useful

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 20-12-2011, 11:35

Default Tow ons

Hi Everyone.

Well speaking from my own experience, we are now on Park Resorts at Highfield Grange in Clacton.
They do tow ons and pay the transport chrages, and the connection fees.
All you pay is your site fees for that year anddddddd, they can be paid monthly by direct debit. So no big lump sum.
We have found them really really helpful, nothing seems to be too much trouble and you are always greeted with a smile.
Although our original idea was to get our 1998 Willerby Granada moved there as a tow on, we eventually upgraded to a 2003 Atlas Topaz Super, (bit longer)
So then we became New Customers and got the discount. We saved over a thousand on site fees, and not just for the first year, but for every year after.
Lots of people slate the bigger companies but in my experience, it is the smaller ones that will try to "Have you over" if they are run by the wrong sort of people. I have have been to some superb properly run family sites in the past that were excellent, but they seem to be getting less and less now.
This is just my two peneth, from my own personal experiences.

Last edited by Mike116; 20-12-2011 at 11:39.
Closed Thread