Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Old 06-04-2017, 21:46

Word of advice,if you search for blinds posts...be prepared for hours of reading

Old 07-04-2017, 00:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzasmom View Post
Thank you for the link, rang & rang nearly all sites, to no avail. Everyone wants me to P/X my van, cant financially do that, its just under 3 years old.
If anyone knows of ANY site that is taking bring ons, please let me know.
I'm surprised you are having so much difficulty as I seem to remember some sites used to allow bring ons and just used to charge something like a gate fee, our old site used to anyway.
Old 07-04-2017, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Hi, as my old girl has new owners, I didn't feel it was right to keep the internal photos public.

There's a huge thread on here called "modernising an old girl" which has a massive amount of hints and tips from members past and present. It was rather a chatty thread, so you might be better to use the search button within the thread for particular things eg reupholstery, or blinds, carpets etc.
Hope this helps.

If you can't find it just ask on the forum, or drop me a pm

Happy reading!

Ahhh right that explains why I can't see it! I had already found the !New old Girl' thread and I'm still working my way through it !! Many thanks for replying x
Old 08-04-2017, 07:57
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzasmom View Post
Yes, tried North too, we are in the West Midlands, so we are central to travel any where, our van is in Great Yarmouth, transporting fees are not a problem, its just trying to find somewhere
Have you tried Patrington Haven, near Hull, HU12 0PT. They allow bring-ons and charge a set fee 2850 which covers disconnection, transport up to 50 miles, resiting, steps, aerials, gas and electricity tests and connection.
Old 11-04-2017, 13:38
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helluvalassie View Post
Ahhh right that explains why I can't see it! I had already found the !New old Girl' thread and I'm still working my way through it !! Many thanks for replying x

You're welcome

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 24-04-2017, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
I'm surprised you are having so much difficulty as I seem to remember some sites used to allow bring ons and just used to charge something like a gate fee, our old site used to anyway.
Still had no luck re siting. Thought we had found a lovely pitch in Newquay but 10.000 for the pitch, plus transport, connection, worked out to expensive
Old 12-07-2017, 11:10

Hello
Does anyone know of a park in East Anglia (hopefully) that will take a 13 ft wide by 38 ft Chatsworth ABI,11 years old perfect condition .the 13 ft width seems to be a barrier.

It is currently sited on the Manor Park holiday park in Hunstanton site fees huge and stopped many vans of its age from being let through their "service" want to move or sell it

Please advise and/or point me towards advice on this forum that's relevant Thanks Dol
Old 17-07-2017, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dol View Post
Hello
Does anyone know of a park in East Anglia (hopefully) that will take a 13 ft wide by 38 ft Chatsworth ABI,11 years old perfect condition .the 13 ft width seems to be a barrier.

It is currently sited on the Manor Park holiday park in Hunstanton site fees huge and stopped many vans of its age from being let through their "service" want to move or sell it

Please advise and/or point me towards advice on this forum that's relevant Thanks Dol
you might want to try tingdene park at oulton broads..
https://www.tingdenelifestyleparks.c...festyle-parks/
Old 18-07-2017, 09:35

Can't recommend Seaview Holiday Village at Polperro highly enough - we bought there in March this year. There's no age limit on vans, it's dog friendly, child friendly, gorgeous views and really close to both Looe and Polperro. Definitely worth asking if they allow bring-ons?