Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Old 23-09-2017, 06:54

Hi sorry to hear of your predicament. 5k does seem a little steep if you don't intend using the facilities. I'm sorry I can't help you with choosing a new park that will accept bring ons but I would start trawling the internet for parks in your preferred areas. Make a short list of parks that you think may fit your needs, some will post their site fees online, and then ring them to discuss if the allow bring ons.

You are far better telephoning the parks as emails are easily ignored. Hopefully, you will find a park. The problem you may have is that you will need to pay for transport. Although this would be a one-off fee and you would stand to save on your site fees every year.

Good luck with your search.

Old 24-09-2017, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Hi sorry to hear of your predicament. 5k does seem a little steep if you don't intend using the facilities. I'm sorry I can't help you with choosing a new park that will accept bring ons but I would start trawling the internet for parks in your preferred areas. Make a short list of parks that you think may fit your needs, some will post their site fees online, and then ring them to discuss if the allow bring ons.

You are far better telephoning the parks as emails are easily ignored. Hopefully, you will find a park. The problem you may have is that you will need to pay for transport. Although this would be a one-off fee and you would stand to save on your site fees every year.

Thanks. The official site fee is over 6k plus 500 rates, but the offer 700 loyalty discount as bought with them and 400 early payment discount. As I've moved house I've plowed my money in the new house, so really want to move this year. Happy to pay the moving fees as if a one off. Prefer south Kent, so near family but if need be willing to move it further.
Old 24-09-2017, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post

Thanks. The official site fee is over 6k plus 500 rates, but the offer 700 loyalty discount as bought with them and 400 early payment discount. As I've moved house I've plowed my money in the new house, so really want to move this year. Happy to pay the moving fees as if a one off. Prefer south Kent, so near family but if need be willing to move it further if we have to as I don't want to get rid of it as I've not finished paying it off yet!
Old 25-09-2017, 15:42

On our site, we have a heated outdoor swimming pool, a fishing lake, crown green bowling green, football pitch and children's play area. We pay around 3,000 a year including VAT and rates.

I think that's a good deal and to be honest For us, we don't need any other recreation facilities.