Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Old 19-08-2017, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
Agree with you Cylon. We leave them in all year round - and use HB or other discount ones. Our van has almost all glass on front which is open to every bit of sunshine. We don't need any dehumidifiers in there ever or in the kitchen/dining area. The rear of the van is in shadow and behind a site building. Very cold in the bedrooms. That's where we need them and leave in all year - like you. Also in wardrobes. I think one moisture source is the en-suite for us as the outside and inside of the doors are always wet after showers, washing etc. Even though we always keep door closed and open window afterwards. We have no extractor fans.
Mosquito, I don't think these disposable tubs ever overflow because they depend on the measured quantity of crystals absorbing a quantity of water. Or if you are referring to the electric de-humidifiers - I think they have a cut out that shuts them off when full.
Hi, I wasn't sure but that makes sense.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:56

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

As the end of the season approaches for some, have a look at my first post, grab a coffee and read through the thread too for some hints and tips to help you to be thorough and organised when closing for Winter, or just safely closing between visits.
Please take time to read your *Winter Cover Dates* in your insurance policy. There will be stipulations that you will be required to follow. Your site will have its own stipulations too.

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 02-12-2019, 18:58

Default Drain down valve

Hi guys if you are draining your own caravan down for winter shut down, you may find this useful itís a cap with Tyer air valve that simply screws to your outside water tap this allows you to blow the residue water out of the pipes with your car tyer compressor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163957895...84.m1555.l2649