Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 23-09-2016, 18:18

Default weve just had a letter telling us to vamoose

Hi all

we've just had a letter from site to tell us that our 1998 Abi montrose is too tired and old for their site.
we bought 5 years ago.. no age limit on site when we bought, but since then they have put pitches on every bit of land they've got and put the fancy brand new caravans that they sell onto them...
...but guess what they've run out of land, so consequentially pitches.

Of course we could upgrade...I tell you hell would freeze over before I upgraded with those... ...well I'm too polite to write how I feel here...our neighbour has an old atlas safari and been there 15 years...no doubt he has a letter as well.

Does any one know of any company that buy caravans for building sites on the east coast 4.5 miles south of Hornsea...half a mile south of Mappleton.

Im just so angry at the moment...the caravan was our only means of getting away and we would never ever have bought it if we knew we only had 5 years

I wish I could bring it home and put it in garden...but have no rear access without a lot of hassle...
sorry for the rant everybody

Old 23-09-2016, 18:50

that you have been caught up in the sites expansion. ....sounds like no time limit can be changed at anytime that the site chooses...In theory they could kick someone off with a 2 year old van if they wanted the plot....
Old 23-09-2016, 20:47

Has the appearance of your van changed that much in five years? We have an older van too but it looks neater now than when we bought it. Would this not be an argument for you to put to the site?
Old 23-09-2016, 21:34

As Clarissa says , maybe tell a couple of white lies about saving for a new van but you need a couple of years . For what it's worth I think sites look better that have a range of van ages so long as they are still loved .Makes the site more Interesting.
Old 23-09-2016, 22:25

No clarissa...its still neat and tidy...double glazed, nice blinds...Paul always keeps up to washing the outside...when I think just how much this past 5 years has cost us including the price of caravan....I wish we had saved our money....we couldnt even let my friends go there for a weekend or 2 as it was families only.
Just feel sick !!!
Old 24-09-2016, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyknits View Post
No clarissa...its still neat and tidy...double glazed, nice blinds...Paul always keeps up to washing the outside...when I think just how much this past 5 years has cost us including the price of caravan....I wish we had saved our money....we couldnt even let my friends go there for a weekend or 2 as it was families only.
Just feel sick !!!
I would check your licence agreement. ...they have a 2003 van for sale ...maybe they want your plot?....
Old 24-09-2016, 08:45

So sorry for you your caravan would have been a big investment for you and your family. It would be a lot fairer if sites had to give a couple of years notice instead of expecting people to jump when they shout. It is all down to money making and not about people. Shame on them.
Old 24-09-2016, 12:14

If the sales person or park owner said No Time limited when you bought that's a verbal contract and no doubt influenced your purchase. I'd perhaps have a chat with them about that.

It goes to show that you need to buy a caravan with your eyes open and good contracts in place. I had a customer buy from me yesterday that requested all agreements be emailed over to him prior to visiting. He bought from us because our agreements were clear and fair unlike the park down the road.

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 24-09-2016, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
If the sales person or park owner said No Time limited when you bought that's a verbal contract and no doubt influenced your purchase. I'd perhaps have a chat with them about that.

It goes to show that you need to buy a caravan with your eyes open and good contracts in place. I had a customer buy from me yesterday that requested all agreements be emailed over to him prior to visiting. He bought from us because our agreements were clear and fair unlike the park down the road.
I can remember when we had a 15 year licence and the park upgraded it to 20.
Can feel their excitement....

As regards OP ,hope they can sort you out so that you can stay
Old 24-09-2016, 22:19

It about this time of year when it's starting to get towards the end of the season that those kind of letter tend to get sent out to clear pitches for the start of the next season