Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > News

News Discuss all of the latest news related to static caravans here

Old 04-11-2010, 21:39

Default Dogwatch 8pm BBC1 11/11/10 Devon Cliffs

Dogwatch 8pm BBC1 11/11/10 Devon Cliffs

Announced in tonights episode a trailer for next weeks show about Devon Cliffs having problems!!
Maybe we should all watch this prog to see what they have to say after customers have complained about standards??

Old 09-11-2010, 07:55

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Dogwatch? This had me puzzled all week teakbank...until i just checked the tv guide...Watchdog...ok i got the joke lol
Old 09-11-2010, 17:23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to springhay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teakbank12 View Post
Dogwatch 8pm BBC1 11/11/10 Devon Cliffs

Announced in tonights episode a trailer for next weeks show about Devon Cliffs having problems!!
Maybe we should all watch this prog to see what they have to say after customers have complained about standards??
I'm truly amazed that this has been given air time and wonder just how bad this Park or particular incident was?! to hve drawn the attention from the media must be pretty bad?? I mean there have been really damning comments on review websites for ages and nothing seems to have been done. Cant wait to see.....
Old 11-11-2010, 22:34
Banned

As predicted, Bourne had already been shown the tapes and their PR Department brought the big guns out. What else could they do? I understand the cleaners are paid atrociously low wages -- maybe this will be addressed now.
Old 11-11-2010, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by springhay View Post
As predicted, Bourne had already been shown the tapes and their PR Department brought the big guns out. What else could they do? I understand the cleaners are paid atrociously low wages -- maybe this will be addressed now.
Of course they've already been shown the tapes, they made themselves known when onsite investigating the vans.
This is why things have been put in place for 2011.
They are paid the minimum wage like most in Retail & know what they are getting into so cannot complain. If they are not up to scratch they need to find another job or need extra training.
Old 11-11-2010, 23:46
Banned

Quote:
Of course they've already been shown the tapes, they made themselves known when onsite investigating the vans.
This is why things have been put in place for 2011.
They are paid the minimum wage like most in Retail & know what they are getting into so cannot complain. If they are not up to scratch they need to find another job or need extra training.
Why am I not surprised that you take the side of Bourne?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by springhay View Post
Why am I not surprised that you take the side of Bourne?
FYI i do not take any sides, i have my own opinions on anything & make them known to both owners & BL, regularly speaking with our GM & tell the truth wether it needs to be heard or not. Too many owners complain & have never even been into OE & discussed issues or taken them further when they don't get a satisfactory answer.
Re pay rates, Chris (my wife) had worked in Retail for years earning just 6 p/h with responsibilities running a deli & opening up the store on occassions in the last job. Yes she has been offered Supervisor & beyond but has declined them.
Too many people think just because they are paid a low wage then they don't need to do their job properly.
We see this from some people on our site, whereas others go "above & beyond" what's required of them.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:29

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
FYI i do not take any sides, i have my own opinions on anything & make them known to both owners & BL, regularly speaking with our GM & tell the truth wether it needs to be heard or not. Too many owners complain & have never even been into OE & discussed issues or taken them further when they don't get a satisfactory answer.
Re pay rates, Chris (my wife) had worked in Retail for years earning just 6 p/h with responsibilities running a deli & opening up the store on occassions in the last job. Yes she has been offered Supervisor & beyond but has declined them.
Too many people think just because they are paid a low wage then they don't need to do their job properly.
We see this from some people on our site, whereas others go "above & beyond" what's required of them.
Here here,well said teakbank.with a wife in the same pay bracket i agree wholeheartedly
Old 12-11-2010, 11:09
Banned

Default Shared responsibility though?

Quote:
Ok but just think about it. the soft furnishings are down to Haven to replace. The mouldy curtains couldnt have been helped by the cleaning...and the black spots on the blinds - I've a few tiny ones myself and i just cant get them out. Pillows? I just think that Haven are also complacent and those curtains didnt get like that over a couple of weeks.....as for the researchers pulling out beds and crawling into far corners underneath? Sorry but which cleaners would go that far? Be fair .... I also think it depends which job you do for the same money -- not that anyone should shirk but some are just more enjoyable - For what its worth, I had to clean a kitchen blind myself which was utterly filthy!! Made this known to office -- not a single word of acknowledgement.

Last edited by springhay; 12-11-2010 at 11:13.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:27

sorry to but in- newbie er.. i paid my cleaner 15 for every renter - is that good or am i meanie