Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 17-06-2011, 19:14

Default Sky Multi Room

Hi

HYPOTHETICALLY would it be possible for someone to take their multi room box to the caravan everytime they went to visit? Other forums state that a phone line has to be connected at all times to prevent fraudulent usage. Apparently the box calls Sky every month to let them know it is connected. SO - what happens if you have had multi room fitted for12 months and have never had it connected to a phone line and have not got anything form Sky inviting me to connect it to a phone line or I will get charged for 2 subscriptions? Any views ??

Old 17-06-2011, 19:32
Supporting Member

We take our sky+ box most of the time, we have a standard box at the van without subscription, so if we think there may be something too good to miss (usually Golf or Football) we take the one from home.
It isn't connected to a phone line anyway, the main box in the living room is the one that's connected, so we get all the programmes at the van we get at home (except HD of course).
As a matter of fact it's in the car now waiting to go (new Dexter tonight).
ML.
Old 18-06-2011, 19:32

We take Our hd box up every weekend, it only needs to be connected to the phone line in your first 12 month as after that it's a rolling contract. We never have either of our boxes connected to the phone line.

Andrea
XxsmooshxX
Old 21-06-2011, 19:07

can I ask do you have a sky dish on your van or just normal digal arieal. site you are going on will put ditgal areial for freeview on the van. but reading your post I have a spare HD sky box not been used at home
Old 21-06-2011, 21:09
Supporting Member

We have a sky dish because we have an old sky box (without sky+) at the van but sometimes we take the multi room box and connect that up instead.
ML.
Old 22-06-2011, 04:59

My dad takes his sky box to the van.
He doesnt have a sky subscription-my brother has multiroom and gives him one of the boxes. Dad gives it back to him every month for a plug in. this has worked for over a year!
Old 22-06-2011, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
can I ask do you have a sky dish on your van or just normal digal arieal. site you are going on will put ditgal areial for freeview on the van. but reading your post I have a spare HD sky box not been used at home
Hi
Have a dish to put up this weekend (Maybe, if it gets delivered) Have freeview at mo through TV with a booster, but hubby is missing the cricket on Sky (poor boy)
Old 22-06-2011, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay24 View Post
My dad takes his sky box to the van.
He doesnt have a sky subscription-my brother has multiroom and gives him one of the boxes. Dad gives it back to him every month for a plug in. this has worked for over a year!
Will do that, but my 2nd box has never been connected to the telephone line, so dont know if they will miss it at all!!!

Thanks for comments all!!!!
Old 22-06-2011, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmell View Post
We take our sky+ box most of the time, we have a standard box at the van without subscription, so if we think there may be something too good to miss (usually Golf or Football) we take the one from home.
It isn't connected to a phone line anyway, the main box in the living room is the one that's connected, so we get all the programmes at the van we get at home (except HD of course).
As a matter of fact it's in the car now waiting to go (new Dexter tonight).
ML.
Good, there seems to be more and more people do not have their 2nd box connected to phone, even though it is a term and condition. Maybe Sky are getting lazy or their subbies are not doing the job properly.
Old 22-06-2011, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl View Post
Good, there seems to be more and more people do not have their 2nd box connected to phone, even though it is a term and condition. Maybe Sky are getting lazy or their subbies are not doing the job properly.
It works just fine, I have a few people who do it on park.

Cheers

Andy

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube