Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 01-04-2018, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by slattster View Post
If itís called a lodge by the manufacturer then itís a lodge but to my mind if itís a single unit then itís a caravan .... some caravans are a higher spec than others , if it arrives in 2 parts itís a lodge ... some lodges are higher spec than others .
Well, I've bought a single lodge. I have a high end caravan. There is no comparison. My lodge is longer than any lodge in site but naroow. Specifications are the same.

Old 01-04-2018, 20:04
Supporting Member

Default lodge title

I am still a bit confused but interestingly although the Helmsley is called a lodge the site still only gives it a 15 year licence (the same as a caravan) whereas other Ďlodgesí are given longer!
Old 01-04-2018, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul BK View Post
Well, I've bought a single lodge. I have a high end caravan. There is no comparison. My lodge is longer than any lodge in site but naroow. Specifications are the same.
What is the manufacturer and name of your lodge?
Old 01-04-2018, 20:49
Supporting Member

Default Lodge Discussion

Carnaby Helmsley Lodge
Old 01-04-2018, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
What is the manufacturer and name of your lodge?
Pemberton Knightsbridge lodge. Bk Sheraton caravan
Old 01-04-2018, 21:44

You are right no comparison..Paul
Old 02-04-2018, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Management on our park said that a lodge must come in two parts that are joined together when siting. Anything that comes as one complete unit is a caravan regardless of what the manufacturer calls it. Carnaby are fond of calling their caravans lodges.
Firefly, I think that is just his opinion. I'm sure it about build quality and not that it comes in two halves. That's why the official specification for lodges is totally different to caravan spec. Still, he's entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul BK View Post
Yes that was my consideration as although it is new it is a 2015 lodge. Mind the u value is still only 0.6 so it is very good, but the new spec has even more insulation. To be honest my caravan was well insulated and warm enough and this has more again with Rockwool insulation and e glass
Paul, a new 2018 Lodge or caravan will come with paperwork to prove when it was manufactured. BS3632 2015 is the standard a lodge has been built to. In fact, BS3632 2015 standard didn't become compulsory for the manufactures of lodges till October 2017. That was to give manufacturers time to adjust to the new specification. Manufacturers should state the standard that their product is built to.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:14

It's all got a bit silly this thread. If anyone is in any doubt about what a lodge is, they should look up the specification of lodges and caravans. I posted the relevant official description in an earlier post.

This is my last comment on this subject you can continue to debate the subject till the cows come home if you so wish. lol.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Paul, a new 2018 Lodge or caravan will come with paperwork to prove when it was manufactured. BS3632 2015 is the standard a lodge has been built to. In fact, BS3632 2015 standard didn't become compulsory for the manufactures of lodges till October 2017. That was to give manufacturers time to adjust to the new specification. Manufacturers should state the standard that their product is built to.
Yes thanks. I know that this is not the current res I spec. It is new but not! It has been for sale since the end of 2015. It is on my site and I saw it sited. There will be a lot of new vans the same! I'm happy with what I have bought and the deal. The insulation is still higher than 2005 BS3632.