Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 04-04-2018, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
What an interesting topic.
It appears to be the case, that if a manufacturer chooses to call a caravan a lodge, then it is.
However, taking a Carnaby Helmsdale Lodge as an example, sited on a park, it looks suspiciously like a caravan !! Same general appearance, similar in size etc.
There are many other examples.
I had always thought it a simple matter. We have static caravans, then we have double width units, the latter being sold as a lodge.
The definition of a lodge, is “ a small house at the gates of a park or in the grounds of a large house, occupied by a gatekeeper, gardener or other employee”.
So, where does that leave this debate ?
The top end caravans with res spec, canexel and bigger sizes are being called single lodges by manufacturers, I think quite rightly as they have the same residential features as their larger equivalents. However, a lot of these are only getting 15 year licence!
I think if it has all these features it is what it's called and should be given a longer licence.
Just my opinion mind.

Old 05-04-2018, 17:38
Supporting Member

Rainbow, yes it has become very interesting. One reason why I raised it was that the park I am on will rent out lodges for you (at a price of course) but not caravans yet under a wooden skim that’s exactly what they are!
Old 05-04-2018, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
Rainbow, yes it has become very interesting. One reason why I raised it was that the park I am on will rent out lodges for you (at a price of course) but not caravans yet under a wooden skim that’s exactly what they are!
See above more than that
Old 06-04-2018, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul BK View Post
Is it a Knightsbridge lodge? The Vogue is a caravan but you can get a lodge version. It was exactly this van which decided this for us. The Vogue is a top end caravan. The Knightsbridge lodge is exactly that.
Yes, it was the Knightsbridge lodge. Lodge was just a name to them. They tried to persuade us to buy one but it was being sold as a caravan. Obviously, it all depends which park you are on. Like I said before, as far as Park Leisure are concerned, it must come in two parts to qualify as a lodge. It may or may not be their personal opinion, but it’s their Park so their rules.