Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 19-04-2018, 15:24

Default Newbie advice

Hello all. I work as a live in carer and would like somewhere(preferably by the coast) to escape to after some gruelling assignments. Iím a home owner but have a couple of my kids and their kids living with me so not much peace. Iím toying with buying or renting a caravan long term. Any advice on sites and what to look out for when looking for the right static would be greatly appreciated. Budget if I buy one is around 10k. Would prefer east/Sth east or wales. Many thanks and look forward to your advice.

Old 19-04-2018, 21:27

Hi welcome aboard i think you will struggle with your Budget its not impossible but you would be looking at an older van probably without double glazing or central heating for that price which really is a must for our weather especialy if you are planning on using it over the winter, the other problem you will find quite a few sites have age limits on statics if you can keep away from Holiday camp type sites with clubs and loads of facilities by the sea which command a premium price and probably have extortinate rent/rates, and go for a smaller quiter site inland which may have laxer rules on older vans you may just pick up a bargain. i personally dont know the area but im sure there will be a few who can assist you later.
Old 20-04-2018, 09:06

I bought my first caravan last year ( to escape ) lol. It’s in ynyslas, right opposite the sandunes. They let you keep the caravan on site ( no age limit ) as long as it’s kept looking good. Site fees including rates is £2600 this year. They usually give you first year free. Hope you find what you’re looking for. X
Old 20-04-2018, 12:15

Thanks both. Much appreciated.
Old 20-04-2018, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolguy88 View Post
Hello all. I work as a live in carer and would like somewhere(preferably by the coast) to escape to after some gruelling assignments. Iím a home owner but have a couple of my kids and their kids living with me so not much peace. Iím toying with buying or renting a caravan long term. Any advice on sites and what to look out for when looking for the right static would be greatly appreciated. Budget if I buy one is around 10k. Would prefer east/Sth east or wales. Many thanks and look forward to your advice.
Hi,
I bought my older static for £4,000 its great for the 8 month season paying £1,300 site fees with no bar, shops or anything just lovely quiet countryside in the hills - north pennines. No age restrictions also with lovely large decking and fairly private. We love it and just about to pay for double glazing to make it a bit cosier when spring and autumn. So you can definitiely get a good van for your budget but the site is the key thing and if they supply no extras the fees will be much less. Cheers
Old 20-04-2018, 16:07

Thanks for that.