Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 17-04-2018, 11:21

Default Mitch

Hi, 1st time on here, hope I'm doing it right. I have lived with my sister and her husband for over 10 years now, last year I bought a static caravan on a 12 month site but recently was asked to provide my council tax bill to prove where I live. On checking the paperwork I am not named on the bill, only my sister and her husband are named on it. My name is on the electoral list and all my bank details, car log book, driving licence ect... are all registered here, will that be proof enough or will I need to contact the council for some sort of proof ? Thanks, Mitch.

Old 17-04-2018, 11:30
Supporting Member

I would think if you explain the situation the items you have should be sufficient evidence. Just don’t get yourself thrown off the site for living there as it might be a 12 months site but if they are checking paperwork like this clearly they are only a holiday ( not residential) site.
Old 17-04-2018, 16:27

A full Council Tax bill is based on at least 2 adults living in a home. Spouses and partners who live together are jointly responsible for paying the bill. As long as the Council Tax is being paid in full, it doesn't matter how many people are living there.
The previous version where everyone living in a house was nicknamed THE POLL TAX & what was widely regarded as the undoing of Mrs Thatcher! So basically, why don't you ask your sister & her husband if you can be added to their council tax bill? It wont cost them anymore. If you live in your van all year, thats technically a definite no - no as unless its classed as a park home with residential status, you may get away with it but could legally be turfed out at any time. But as far as producing a council tax bill goes, you may get round that if the council add your name to your sisters bill? Worth checking out anyway.
Old 17-04-2018, 16:36

Strange that they didn't ask for proof when you bought...
Old 17-04-2018, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchison View Post
Hi, 1st time on here, hope I'm doing it right. I have lived with my sister and her husband for over 10 years now, last year I bought a static caravan on a 12 month site but recently was asked to provide my council tax bill to prove where I live. On checking the paperwork I am not named on the bill, only my sister and her husband are named on it. My name is on the electoral list and all my bank details, car log book, driving licence ect... are all registered here, will that be proof enough or will I need to contact the council for some sort of proof ? Thanks, Mitch.
to the forum Mitch.

Sue and I don't have our van anymore, however the response post from RRROb is spot on.

Similar situation when we were on a 12 month holiday site and living and registered at our daughters for, doctors, electoral, all our ID address details etc....

However, we still had to had our names " added " to Council register ( council tax bill ) but were not legally liable in the event of default payment of council tax by our daughter or son in law. etc...

(Our site also required a utility bill in our name so we were added to the water bill).

All presented and accepted ( normally parks check year on year )

Then we sold our van 4 years later and brought our own place! Lol

Hope that helps.

Dave.

Last edited by Faymoore; 17-04-2018 at 23:30. Reason: Grammar
Old 20-04-2018, 10:34

Thanks Rob, we have tried that one and council said no.
Old 20-04-2018, 10:36

Cheers Dave, I will give it a go.
Old 20-04-2018, 10:40

Thanks for that, I will contact council.
Old 22-04-2018, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchison View Post
Thanks for that, I will contact council.
Mad is nt it ? My mother in law is 85 years old and her bank said they are closing and she could switch to online banking ? And asked for her passport and driving license???? She has never had either !!!! And certainly would not know what a computer does let a lone what online even is ..??? Modern times eh ????