Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Entertainment

Entertainment Chat about anything to do with Entertainment including music, films, TV etc

Old 14-12-2017, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjones24 View Post
We are at the van this weekend it's quite cold was just wondering what I should set the overnight temperature to . We have central heating and wireless thermostat, also should I put stat in lounge or bedroom.
I leave our stat in the lounge/kitchen as it's the largest room. It's set to 5 degrees C for when we go to bed and switches on one hour before we get up, set to 22 degrees C. The bedroom being smaller, would reach temperature well before the lounge and switch off the heating before the lounge had reached the temperature I want it to be. It's personal preference but that seems the best option for us. I have no intention of getting out of bed before my designated time. If I need to alter the temperature when I get up, it's no big deal. We find that even on the coldest off nights, we would be too warm if we left the heating on all night.

Last edited by Mosquito; 14-12-2017 at 13:44.

Old 15-12-2017, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I leave our stat in the lounge/kitchen as it's the largest room. It's set to 5 degrees C for when we go to bed and switches on one hour before we get up, set to 22 degrees C. The bedroom being smaller, would reach temperature well before the lounge and switch off the heating before the lounge had reached the temperature I want it to be. It's personal preference but that seems the best option for us. I have no intention of getting out of bed before my designated time. If I need to alter the temperature when I get up, it's no big deal. We find that even on the coldest off nights, we would be too warm if we left the heating on all night.
At 5 does it even come on?
Old 17-12-2017, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
At 5 does it even come on?
No, the temperature this morning was 11.5 degrees C. I got up before the heating came on. Some Mornings when it's been very cold it's been 8.5 Degrees just before the boiler has fired up.