Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 26-06-2012, 09:03

Default Is this a decent deal

Hi thanks for your time, we are looking at a static caravan on kingfisher park or heather view in county Durham, we have been offered a carnaby belevedere for 2003 2 bed for 15000 site fees for this year are free now was wondering if this is a good deal it's in 'good' condition I'm going up tomorrow to have a proper look but would anyone be kind enough to give any advice on this. Thanks

Old 26-06-2012, 09:09

Hey I am not maybe the best person to give advise but I know lots on here are but I would make sure you get signed licence agreement of exactly what your signing up for - make sure you know exactly how long your entitled to keep your van on site for.

Good luck and enjoy
Helen
Old 26-06-2012, 09:10

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi Laney, we have a site owner on here who may be able to give you a rough guide on a price, but there are so many varying factors. I'll send him a msg for you, he'll reply when he logs on here...
In the meantime, have a read through this thread here
(grab a cuppa its a long one!) There's lots of food for thought, before you enter into buying one.
Hope this helps,
Angela B

aboard!

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 26-06-2012, 09:14
Banned

If the van has everything you are looking for and the pitch is also what you want and the site meets all your requirements it is a good deal for you many people have many different views but yours is the only one that counts.However,I would haggle a bit tell them you can stretch to 12 k and see what happens there is usualy a haggle margin in all deals.Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
Old 26-06-2012, 09:31

Thank u for all of your help so far I really appreciate it, it's such a mind field for a newbie isnt it xxx
Old 26-06-2012, 09:36

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney26 View Post
Thank u for all of your help so far I really appreciate it, it's such a mind field for a newbie isnt it xxx
In a word, yes!
But you've come to the right forum if we don't know the answer to a question, we will find out for you

Now, grab yourself a cuppa, and have a read through the forum. The more you read, the more you'll ask lol. If you need any help, just ask.
Armed with all the useful info on here, you can then make an informed decision.
(by the way, it's compulsary on here to fill us in during your search, and the end result of course!)
Good luck!

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 26-06-2012, 10:22

I'm going to take me son to nursery and sit down and have a really good read. A little more about us we r a family of 4 me hubby and a girl age 5 and a boy aged 3, 2 little well behaved dogs. The area we want to be is either the kingfisher park or heather view near Stanhope county Durham. The park literally blew us away and believe me it takes a lot to do that ( hubby has very high standards lol ) to be honest we have been thinking of investing in a house up there but we thought this may actually be a nicer idea with the kids being so young and we ca really see how we feel about spending ,oat weekends there at a much cheaper outlay. We realise there is only money to be lost so we were wanting to spend a maximum of 15000, we were ideally wanting 3 beds however the 3 beds they had in our price range I couldn't wait to get out of them, so we are thinking of dropping a bedroom and maybe going older to get better quality. I think we definitely need a 12 foot wide, as we will have the dogs. As I say any advice or people in similar situations it would be great to hear from you and I am going to have a good read with a cup of tea today. Nice to meet u all xxx
Old 26-06-2012, 10:56
Departed Friend

hello again elaine you get around.you obviously have found that most 3 bedroom vans make space more limited.we have 3 boys,but still,in the end,bought a 2 bedroom van to get a decent sized main bedroom.most vans...though not ours due to upgraded seating..have a pullout bed in the lounge.and i agree with you,a 12 foot van is far more practical than 10 foot.size does matter.
Old 26-06-2012, 14:35

You will need plenty of storage space with a young family. 12ft is definately more comfortable with a family to consider.
Old 26-06-2012, 23:54
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney26 View Post
I'm going to take me son to nursery and sit down and have a really good read. A little more about us we r a family of 4 me hubby and a girl age 5 and a boy aged 3, 2 little well behaved dogs. The area we want to be is either the kingfisher park or heather view near Stanhope county Durham. The park literally blew us away and believe me it takes a lot to do that ( hubby has very high standards lol ) to be honest we have been thinking of investing in a house up there but we thought this may actually be a nicer idea with the kids being so young and we ca really see how we feel about spending ,oat weekends there at a much cheaper outlay. We realise there is only money to be lost so we were wanting to spend a maximum of 15000, we were ideally wanting 3 beds however the 3 beds they had in our price range I couldn't wait to get out of them, so we are thinking of dropping a bedroom and maybe going older to get better quality. I think we definitely need a 12 foot wide, as we will have the dogs. As I say any advice or people in similar situations it would be great to hear from you and I am going to have a good read with a cup of tea today. Nice to meet u all xxx
Hi Laney and welcome.

Our Company are selling that model and age of van for about 16K on one of their cheaper parks. There is also one on our sister park for 19K (both include site fees for the rest of the year and connections, etc.) - but our Company is quite expensive.

Difficult to say whether it is a bargain or not, depends on a lot of factors such as where the caravan is based, facilities on site, etc. Some of the bigger company parks often offer free site fees for the rest of the year but, in my experience, they have just added them to the price. I would certainly try and get some money off it though. Might be worth googling the prices others are charging for that van in you area just to compare prices.

The other thing to find out is how long the van can stay on the Park.
We bought a 2 bedroomed van as we found the bedrooms and bathroom in the 3 bedroomed vans were very small. 12ft will definately give you a lot more space too. How long is the van?

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 27-06-2012 at 05:12.