Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Insurance

Insurance Discussion about all issues related to static caravan insurance, from which insurer to how best to make a claim.

Old 02-08-2018, 22:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul BK View Post
Exactly. The only thing I don't like about these policies, is that the companies don't find out the replacement value and raise your premiums accordingly. They leave it to you and if you under insured it, they don't pay you the amount you insured it for, they only pay market value.

I know what you are saying, had the same problem valuing ours first off. Saying that though our insurance company did slighty increase the value of cover for our van on its first renewal, something I was not expecting them to do. Link below on what I posted regarding this, earlier this year:

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showpost.p...7&postcount=14

Old 02-08-2018, 23:53

Our van is insured new for old via our site's insurance broker. The value is increased each year automatically at renewal but there is still the advice to check that the figure is adequate for our current needs.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
Our van is insured new for old via our site's insurance broker. The value is increased each year automatically at renewal but there is still the advice to check that the figure is adequate for our current needs.
Which is good, but we were originally covered by Leisuredays and they didn't raise it. Two years later I saw a new version of our van for sale in the site for 10,000 more than we had ours insured for. I told them and that's when they told me that I would have only got market value of I had claimed.
I upped it so the premium went up 80. I shopped about and got it for less than half the price, with better cover, from Towergate.
Old 03-08-2018, 14:06

My lodge isn't manufactured any longer so I contacted the insurer and they advised me to find a lodge with as near as possible the same standard and equipped to the nearest I could find to my lodge. I did that sent them the details and it was accepted. A new figure was agreed and I paid the premium.

I think one of the main things is to keep your insurance company up to date. If they agree, you should be OK.