Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Travel

Travel Are you going on holiday? Got a favourite destination? Discuss it here. (Not caravan related)

Old 27-05-2013, 18:48

Location: hopefully soon in the Heart of England (within 4 hours from Dover)
Default Gran Canaria - Las Palmas - soon..

Hello again

As I have not much to contribute to the static topics (YET!!) I 'm going to tell you about my holiday plans "summer" 2013:

Out of pure frustration we booked a holiday on GC for a fortnight. Another place I used to live for a few years and one of the many rainy days this spring we decided it was time to go back and visit.

It's quite a break of tradition for us, we usually have only one destination...across the Channel. Since this idea of a static van has entered my head though, I wish I had not booked the flight/appartment. Could use the time now to explore suitable sites.

On the other hand, it might just give us an opportunity to really take a step back and manifest our idea of a static.

I know it'll be nice visiting my old haunts. It's a lovely island really if you pass by the touristy south and explore the inside or north.

Anyone been?

Greetings
Netty

Old 28-05-2013, 15:03
Supporting Member

Default hiya

[QUOTE=Netty;120437]Hello again

As I have not much to contribute to the static topics (YET!!) I 'm going to tell you about my holiday plans "summer" 2013:

Out of pure frustration we booked a holiday on GC for a fortnight. Another place I used to live for a few years and one of the many rainy days this spring we decided it was time to go back and visit.

It's quite a break of tradition for us, we usually have only one destination...across the Channel. Since this idea of a static van has entered my head though, I wish I had not booked the flight/appartment. Could use the time now to explore suitable sites.

On the other hand, it might just give us an opportunity to really take a step back and manifest our idea of a static.

I know it'll be nice visiting my old haunts. It's a lovely island really if you pass by the touristy south and explore the inside or north.

Anyone been?

hey netty
yes i have been, a few years back now... to puerto rico...hilly..lots of steps!!
enjoy your hols, sit, chat reflex and decide what you want to do in the future as regards owning a van in the UK..
make a list of pros and cons..
while you are there, youmay enjoy the sunshine so much you may decide to buy something out there!
xx

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 28-05-2013, 15:27

Location: hopefully soon in the Heart of England (within 4 hours from Dover)

No way am I buying out there, Tia!

I lived there for a few years and It wasnt for me. Once ever so often is ok, also i dont like flying and my skin is not made for all those UV rays....!
Plus I know about buying in Spain: now THAT is risky and expensive with all the hidden costs...and selling will cost even more...been there....done that...learnt my lesson!

If I hadnt gone to work on Gran Canaria in 2000, I would still be having my lovely B&B in Scarborough...and probably would have never considered a van.

My list of pros and cons is nearly done...!!!

Greetings
Netty
Old 28-05-2013, 15:36
Supporting Member

netty

when your list is done and you are sat on the balcony drinking your pina colada or similar...... dont forget to remember what maddy said about taking into consideration about the depriciation of the van (that you havent got yet)and also the site fees... and the times that you would be able to come over to the van..
take into consideration the cost of travelling too!

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE