Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Office > GoStatic Feedback

GoStatic Feedback Post any comments or questions about GoStatic.co.uk here

Old 20-10-2011, 10:23

Default tapatalk

Done a search on here for tapatalk and it seems its never been talked about so i was wondering if admin have every thought of enabling it ?

http://tapatalk.com/index.php

Old 21-05-2014, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear345 View Post
Done a search on here for tapatalk and it seems its never been talked about so i was wondering if admin have every thought of enabling it ?

http://tapatalk.com/index.php
Bump.

This would be good to do. Anyone else agree?
Old 22-05-2014, 01:04
Administrator

Hi and thanks for taking the time to raise this. Tapatalk is actually something that has come up from time to time on the forum here is a similar thread from earlier this month http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7836)

It is something I know would be useful and hope to have implemented soon although it probably won't be until the forums upgrades later in the year

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 03-03-2019, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Hi and thanks for taking the time to raise this. Tapatalk is actually something that has come up from time to time on the forum here is a similar thread from earlier this month http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7836)

It is something I know would be useful and hope to have implemented soon although it probably won't be until the forums upgrades later in the year
U use Tapatalk and find it much better than chrome for following forums such as this. Can you please implement the Tapatalk plugin?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2019, 19:45

hmm.
My understanding is that after a certain period, every forum member will have their forum account migrated to a tapatalk account whether they want to or not.
They will then be included in tapatalk mass mailings. It is possible for individuals to opt out once they have been migrated, but found this post elsewhere. Apparently it is not possible for the forum administrators to change this, it is up to each individual.
Found this post online.
QUOTE: Jan 15, 2018 #1
As my title says, I'm getting complaints from people who haven't posted for years on our forum that they are getting Tapatalk emails, is there a way to stop this?
END QUOTE:
(Lots of other complaints about being unable to stop emails from tapatalk, but that was from a forum administrator).
Old 04-03-2019, 12:53

It would not be good for family and relatives of deceased members getting notifications in their loved one's names and having to deal with it.

Perhaps deeper consideration should be given to the idea.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:46

Mosquito has made a very important point.
I have seen a lot of recent reviews about tapatalk, and their are a lot of complaints from forum members.
Worryingly, there are even more complaints from forum administrators, about tapatalk.
Seems to be that once tapatalk have a forum in their grasp, the administrators have little say in or control over their own forum.
If this forum does decide to transfer, I will need to find out how to remove my membership.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhb View Post
Mosquito has made a very important point.
IIf this forum does decide to transfer, I will need to find out how to remove my membership.
Same for me.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:09
Supporting Member

Whilst no expert on tap a talk, I am inclined to think it is overly intrusive and would rather avoid it if possible.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:57
Supporting Member

You just need to do a search "Problems with Tapatalk" to see how bad this is, It slows down forums, users don't like it, problems logging in and the list is endless