Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Technical Issues

Technical Issues A place to ask and/or give advice on technical issues

Old 11-08-2019, 13:03

Default Marco boiler turning off

Hi,

Iíve got a morco gas boiler for my static caravan that Iíve brought to France.

Iím having problems with the boiler staying on. We replaced the thermocouple and can get the pilot light to satay on. The boiler fires up butter after about 20 seconds it turns off. The puppet light is on as the main flame burns but as I said after 20 seconds thereís a click and it goes off.

Weíre struggling to get a gas engineer down here in the Dordogne so any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dave

Old 11-08-2019, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4bardsley@yahoo.co.uk View Post
Hi,

Iím having problems with the boiler staying on. We replaced the thermocouple and can get the pilot light to satay on. The boiler fires up butter after about 20 seconds it turns off. The puppet light is on as the main flame burns but as I said after 20 seconds thereís a click and it goes off.

Weíre struggling to get a gas engineer down here in the Dordogne so any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dave
We had similar problem on our home boiler a few years ago ....It turned out to be a faulty circuit board that was shutting down the gas jets !.....We had a new board fitted and it's worked perfectly since !!
Old 12-08-2019, 04:21
Supporting Member

Quote:
Hi,

Cheers,

Dave
Is the water pressure set between 1.5 and 2 This can make the boiler not work
Old 12-08-2019, 12:35

Good afternoon,

What is the model of the appliance you have in your static?

Kind Regards,
Morco Products
Old 12-08-2019, 19:10
Forum Advertiser

Quote:
Hi,

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,
By the fact you say you've had the thermocouple changed and has a pilot light I`m guessing you have a water heater and not a combi boiler?
If I`m correct and its either the D61, G11e or older D51 range the 2 things I would look at first would be pilot jet and flue.
Although you say the pilot is alight and therefore touching the thermocouple keeping it lit, its possible that its dirt and not letting the correct amount gas through, so when the main fires up its taking the gas from the pilot jet and pulling it away from the thermocouple, which then cools down thinking there's no gas and shuts off. Simple fix for an engineer, strip down and clean pilot burner assembly or replace completely.
The flue could be a little harder to suss, but if its not pulling the products of combustion up, they sit in the top of the draught diverter and the thermocouple overheat detects a rise in temperature in that area and shuts down. Is the top section of the flue fitted?
Do you have to wait a few minutes to relight or can you relight straight away? if no waiting its possibly not that fault. A spillage test by the engineer would prove that's its working correctly.
Unfortunately all the above really need the assistance of a competent engineer to look at and fix. There also could be other underlaying reason this happens and deeper investigation required.
If I knew where about`s Dordogne is in France I`d offer a visit by our engineers.
Hope this is of some help to you.

www.caraconnect.co.uk
01206860746 07817730981