Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting

Subletting Advice on all aspects of subletting (hiring) your caravan

Old 10-09-2016, 09:17

Default Problem after Subletting

Hi all,

Just a quick question for you.

We let Haven sublet our caravan for 3 weeks this summer which we managed to survive apart from a missing duvet and pillows.

We have returned this weekend after they have deep cleaned the caravan for us and the cleaner has taken our 9 roll pack of loo rolls and my daughter's flashing headbands which cost me about 6 each.

I thought I could trust the Haven staff and won't be Subletting next year as we can afford the site fees and I can 't stand the stress of it all.

I want to complain about the missing items and wanted to know your thoughts, would you complain or put it down to experience?

Many thanks

Von

Last edited by VonB; 10-09-2016 at 09:20.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:49

Just my personal opinion, I think it should be reported if you can be sure the theft without any doubt was the cleaner, but do you want the added stress of it?

I think if it were me although annoyed I would probably put it down to experience, being I had decided not to sublet anymore and should never be in that position again. There is of course a moral issue here, but you may just feel for your own piece of mind and the hassle that may be caused between you an the site, it's just not worth it and leave as a lesson learnt? We are all different of course and many without doubt would report it, but you will be the only person that knows what option you would feel most comfortable with?

Right or wrong, just my opinion.

Last edited by Cylon; 10-09-2016 at 09:51.
Old 10-09-2016, 14:04

We're these on the original itinerary , could these have just been items that the last renters had left so needed clearing ?
Old 10-09-2016, 14:09
Supporting Member

I agree with Cylon's comments entirely.
As you have decided not to rent your van out next year, I would also put it down to experience.
To be honest, your concerns would be much greater had there been extensive damage to your van after renting out.
Still not nice though I agree.
Old 10-09-2016, 15:34
Supporting Member

but how do you know that it was the cleaner?
it could have been the last renters..
and just for the record, I think renters should bring their own toilet rolls..

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 11-09-2016, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
but how do you know that it was the cleaner?
it could have been the last renters..
and just for the record, I think renters should bring their own toilet rolls..
Hi Tiamaria not trying to be funny here but we always leave two toilet rolls in each toilet in our rental property. The reason for that is if someone arrives and are caught short before going shopping, it's nice to know they can use the toilet properly.
Old 14-09-2016, 21:21

Hello. Fellow Haven owner here.
Was your return to the van after the deep clean your first return after the sublets ended? The cleaner may have thought that they were left behind by the last Haven guests. On the other hand it may have been the Haven guests who took them.

Although annoying, I would probably just leave it and not taken it any further if I was not going to sublet through Haven again.
Old 14-09-2016, 23:18

I have a friend who cleaned caravans for several seasons at a very large site on the East Coast. The cleaners worked in pairs and their instruction was to clear out everything left in the van after each let, over and above what was listed in the contents. Anything that was opened or part used they had to throw away. However, they had permission to keep for themselves anything that was unopened. She was delighted to bring home the odd can of beans or bottle of vinegar or washing up liquid etc. Could it be that is what happens on your park and that the cleaner just behaved as per instructions ?
Old 19-09-2016, 13:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
I have a friend who cleaned caravans for several seasons at a very large site on the East Coast. The cleaners worked in pairs and their instruction was to clear out everything left in the van after each let, over and above what was listed in the contents. Anything that was opened or part used they had to throw away. However, they had permission to keep for themselves anything that was unopened. She was delighted to bring home the odd can of beans or bottle of vinegar or washing up liquid etc. Could it be that is what happens on your park and that the cleaner just behaved as per instructions ?
Hi all, as Bluebells points out in her post the cleaners can be instructed to take items out that are not in the inventory list. This is what happens on our park, I wrote a very polite email to them and they have replaced the items for me.
Old 21-09-2016, 22:44

VonB I am glad to read that your items have been replaced. Good news.