Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Disabled Access Caravan's

Disabled Access Caravan's Discussion about adapting caravans for disable use and all issues regarding disability and static caravans

Old 18-09-2017, 23:01

Default Just bought a wheelchair accessible Pemberton sovreign van

It's 12 years old and we are going to do it up, although to be fair it's in excellent condition.
I'm so excited about this. I have a disabled access tourer but it was time to get something bigger.
It's costing an arm and a leg but we will get a lot of use out of it.
Hello!
I'll be popping in and out of here a lot in the next few months.

Old 19-09-2017, 09:00

...sounds ideal and we'll done for getting a van to suit your needs..
Old 24-09-2017, 23:54

Yahh, congratulations, sounds just great for you. Sometimes, it's just not about the money.
Hope everything goes well for you, looking forward to hearing about how you get on
Old 25-09-2017, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaLyon View Post
It's 12 years old and we are going to do it up, although to be fair it's in excellent condition.
I'm so excited about this. I have a disabled access tourer but it was time to get something bigger.
It's costing an arm and a leg but we will get a lot of use out of it.
Hello!
I'll be popping in and out of here a lot in the next few months.
That's great news. I'm sure we will all be looking forward to your posts and how you are getting on.
Old 25-09-2017, 17:56
Forum Advertiser

welcome along! what are your plans for the van in terms of doing it up?
Old 26-09-2017, 09:22

Thank you. I'm having laminate flooring throughout and was having the sofas ripped out and replaced by two black leather three seaters but after taking my daughter down at the weekend and her husband finding the foldaway sleeper inside one of the sofas were aging a rethink.
Especially as the new sofas are 7 inch wider than the caravan ones.
Not good when you use a chair.
So, I'm thinking of cancelling the new Ines and looking into dyeing the covers on the caravan ones.
Anyone done that?
Busy times.
Old 26-09-2017, 10:54

Quote:
Thank you. I'm having laminate flooring throughout and was having the sofas ripped out and replaced by two black leather three seaters but after taking my daughter down at the weekend and her husband finding the foldaway sleeper inside one of the sofas were aging a rethink.
Especially as the new sofas are 7 inch wider than the caravan ones.
Not good when you use a chair.
So, I'm thinking of cancelling the new Ines and looking into dyeing the covers on the caravan ones.
Anyone done that?
Busy times.

You may be better having the sofas re-covered rather than dyeing them. Unless they have removable covers at the moment I don't see how you could dye them. All the dyes I've ever used require the fabric to be imersed in the liquid or put in a washing machine, difficult on a fixed sofa. Also no matter how much they say dye is colour fast if you are sitting on it for any length of time I'd be worried about the dye marking your clothes.

Your caravan sounds great, so glad you have managed to get what you wanted.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4
Old 30-09-2017, 19:50

You are so correct Bells. I rang dylon and was firmly told not to do it on account of the fabric being flame proofed.
So we are now recovering and I've chosen my fabric, so it's a visit tomorrow to measure the cushions accurately.
There's no such thing as doing things the easy way for me...was so looking forward to my leather sofas.
The woman in the fabric shop was so sniffy when she realised me and dh were doing to have a bash at it ourselves.

So Monday is dentist, have tooth out...go round to fabric shop...purchase fabric ( regardless of blood, pain and swollen mouth)...and Tuesday get on plane for a long awaited proper holiday ��
Old 16-01-2018, 22:11

Update...all the cushions have been recovered by me and hubby and look fantastic.
The new flooring is in and looks great
We’ve taken some sofa out , the bit that goes along the interior wall and replaced with a dinky little dining set.
Next week I’m starting on the curtains.
I’m wanting to clad the wet room shower cubic with plastic cladding.
Can someone reassure me it will be ok?
Old 18-01-2018, 11:32

Quote:
Update...all the cushions have been recovered by me and hubby and look fantastic.
The new flooring is in and looks great
Weve taken some sofa out , the bit that goes along the interior wall and replaced with a dinky little dining set.
Next week Im starting on the curtains.
Im wanting to clad the wet room shower cubic with plastic cladding.
Can someone reassure me it will be ok?
It sounds as if you have been very busy and still have lots to do. I'm not sure what you are attaching the plastic cladding to but if it's cut correctly to size and then sealed properly with silicone, it should be Fine. Just make sure that you are attaching the cladding to a stable, sound and flat wall. We have a lodge and our shower has a Formica style finish. The only joint is in the corner and it's sealed along the bottom, top and down the three vertical edges.

It should be easy enough if you get the measurements correct. I would check them once you have measured up and check them again before you order the cladding.

Good luck.