Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 16-07-2012, 12:05

Default Swift Moselle 2009 2 Bed: Am I pricing too high?

Hi All,

Due to illness in the family, we are having to get shut of our 2009 Swift Moselle.

I know the depreciation on these things is terrible, but have requested the park to give a quote, and im worried now that it will be rock bottom, just wondering if anyone has any idea on what i could expect to get from the park? After reading the horror stories, im guessing it could be really low?

Its in immaculate condition, its the 38ft by 12ft has full decking front and side, 2 bedroom, CH & DG. Never had pets inside or smokers, its really "as new"

I have been looking around and the private sales of them seem to be going for 23k, so any thoughts on what the park may offer? I was hoping to at least be aiming for 18-20k? Please dont laugh too loud!

Or would it best to try to sell private, but the park wont let me sell it "sited" they insist that i would have to have it moved off once its sold?

Any advice please?

Thanks

Old 16-07-2012, 12:18

Would depend on park if they had an age restriction on vans this can sometimes affect values. Where it is will also affect pricing, I sincerely hope you don't take too much of a hit on such a quality van It's our fear - some circumstance out with our control dictating we have to sell

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 16-07-2012, 12:22

Hi,

Thanks. Its a terrible time, wifey loves the place, but cannot travel anymore and there is no end in sight for the illness, so its a worry we dont need at the moment.

Its her relaxing place, just such a terrible shame.

Went up this weekend, and the grass was up waist height, and thats not fair on the park either.

I think depending on what they offer, might have to look at a private sale:-(

Might take longer, but would be worth it i think.
Old 16-07-2012, 12:27

There are a couple of site owners on the forum with a type of Glass's guide to values, hopefully they will see post and be able to advise on prices. Wish I could welcome you to the forum under better circumstances.

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 16-07-2012, 13:46
Retired Member

Hi Alex and sorry to hear about you having to give up your van.

As Bluemax has said, hopefully indianwells can give you a trade price for your van. Be prepared for a bit of a shock though

You could also phone a few dealers to see what they will give you for it.

Can't understand why you can't sell it privately on your park - it is only 3 years old?
Old 16-07-2012, 14:07

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

You could advertise it on here once you have an idea of price, a caravan sold "off-site" never achieves as much as on-site sadly, there are so many factors to guide the price. I'll send Indianwells a pm for you.

We have people looking to buy on here at the moment .

Don't worry, it will all work out in the end, you sound like you have a 'realistic' approach to it all.
Good luck
Angela B

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 16-07-2012, 14:18

As aid many times before, Glass's Guide is purely for dealers and as such, the listed prices have no bearing on the price if a van is sited on a park. Most parks will only offer bottom book, which yours is currently 11,300. The park should give you that, a dealer will also match that but of course there will be disconnection and removal costs if you go down the dealer route. A private sale on park is the sensible way to go IMO.
Old 16-07-2012, 14:37

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your support and help, especially for the value, appreciate it.

Parks t&c only allow for a sale back to them, or for an offsite sale, so I guess we are looking at a major loss. It's a lovley pitch as well, parking space right next to van, large space between vans, satellite, full decking and skirting expensive lesson.

Can't help it I suppose, but I bet they sell it on for a packet!

Thanks again, appreciate it
Old 16-07-2012, 15:40
Banned

AlexHaden Sorry to hear about your problems but try and look at it this way health comes before money without your health all the money in the World would be of no use.I hope things improve for you both.
Old 16-07-2012, 16:04
Retired Member

Don't know if this helps or not but we have a swift Moselle 2009 for sale on our site for 20995 (just been reduced from 24000) already sited. It's a 2 bed 38 x 12, and we looked at it to buy, it is immaculate, but we were only allowed to put a brand new van on the river pitch we wanted, so ended up buying the same van but new 2011. Good luck with your sale, it's a lovely van so hope you get a decent price for it.