Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 19:36

Default Llwyn Celyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxjack View Post
Thanks Mick. From what the lady told me, it sounds as though they're keeping the site the way it was, family owned, small, friendly, quiet, reasonably priced,dog friendly but a bit remote. It's certainly an option for me. Nice to be within reach of the W Wales coastline too. I'll post more after tomorrow's visit!
I looked on route planner at the travel options between my house and Llwyn Celyn and, with great reluctance, decided that my car sick little dogs would find it too a difficult a journey, they can be sick and trembling on a straight road to the local vet. I am disappointed. Maybe I'm daft, well, I am daft when it comes to these pups - their health and welfate is paramount. Were it not for that, I'm sure that Llwyn Celyn is just the type of site that would have suited, countryside, coast, quiet, friendly, smashing!

Old 12-12-2015, 21:33
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxjack View Post
I looked on route planner at the travel options between my house and Llwyn Celyn and, with great reluctance, decided that my car sick little dogs would find it too a difficult a journey, they can be sick and trembling on a straight road to the local vet. I am disappointed. Maybe I'm daft, well, I am daft when it comes to these pups - their health and welfate is paramount. Were it not for that, I'm sure that Llwyn Celyn is just the type of site that would have suited, countryside, coast, quiet, friendly, smashing!
Good for you and well done, you have to consider your pups in the grand scheme of things and you have.
Sounds like the travelling would be no fun for you or the dogs.
Time for a rethink ?
Old 12-12-2015, 23:04

Default Quick journey and straight roads!

Yes, thinking cap on again!
Old 25-12-2015, 09:31

Hi and Merry Christmas to everyone! Any tips, hints, advice on the practicalities of removing, packing up and securing furniture, soft furnishings and the mass of accumulated stuff in a van prior to its de-siting and relocating would be gratefully received. Planters, shed, mower, sun lounger, outside sofa etc will all have to go by removal van so that's the straightforward bit! Here's to a happy New Year!!
Old 26-12-2015, 16:04

We bought a van the other year from someone on our site so we had to empty our old van the weekend before and leave the basics as I went up the night before so I could get up early and finish off the emptying and disconect the services. One of ou neigbhours let us use their van so we could store our stuff and we filled their small bedroom and left a pile of stuff on ther living room floor, old van was removed 10.30am our new van (second hand) was in place an hour later, I then fixed up the electric then connected the water then fitted the 110mm waste and piped in the shower and sink wastes into that and was finished by 5pm. Sorry haven't read all your posts so don't know if your moving to a different site or to a new pitch, if it's a new site then I would advise hiring a van and take just about everything out of it for the move the guys doing the job will secure anything else.

Good luck
Old 26-12-2015, 19:39

Thanks for your reply. It'll be a move to a new site, I've brought car loads of kit back home. I wondered about bulky things like settee cushions, matresses, soft furnishings etc and if they need to be secured somehow. I'll get some bungee cords and gaffer tape to seal drawers and cupboards.
Old 27-12-2015, 01:04

When my van was transported from Worcestershire to Scotland the only things they removed inside the van were glass light shades from lounge and bathroom and they were just left on the floor in the lounge area. Cupboard and wardrobe doors were taped up and fridge wedged shut with a mattress off one of the single beds. Shower head was removed from bracket and placed in shower tray. Obviously there were no personal belongings in it as I bought from a dealer but I did put a few things under the sofas, such as sky dish, tv, dvd player and all the bedding. All sofa cushions were left in place.
Nothing was damaged on arrival.
Old 27-12-2015, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elless View Post
When my van was transported from Worcestershire to Scotland the only things they removed inside the van were glass light shades from lounge and bathroom and they were just left on the floor in the lounge area. Cupboard and wardrobe doors were taped up and fridge wedged shut with a mattress off one of the single beds. Shower head was removed from bracket and placed in shower tray. Obviously there were no personal belongings in it as I bought from a dealer but I did put a few things under the sofas, such as sky dish, tv, dvd player and all the bedding. All sofa cushions were left in place.
Nothing was damaged on arrival.
That's very useful, thanks so much!
Old 27-12-2015, 12:14
Departed Friend

when we moved our van we taped up all the cupboards and packed the contents through the length of the van.done this twice and everything survived.one thing to check though,on the second occasion we found the tyres on the van needed replacing.
Old 27-12-2015, 15:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
when we moved our van we taped up all the cupboards and packed the contents through the length of the van.done this twice and everything survived.one thing to check though,on the second occasion we found the tyres on the van needed replacing.
I never would have thought of checking tyres! Thank you.
Closed Thread